March 22, 2018
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Hello to all Roosevelt Raccoons! Here are a few reminders for the week:
• SAFETY•SAFETY•SAFETY: This is ALWAYS the #1 priority at Roosevelt. As you are dropping off or picking up students, please work to be extra, extra safe. Please drop students off CURBSIDE and if you are unable to do this at either drop-off or pick-up, please get out of the car and help them make their way safely to where they are going. Morning drop-off time and afternoon pick-up times are crowded. There's really not a way to make this time less busy, as many parents are trying to achieve the same mission at the same time. Please, please, please be extra-cautious and patient, following the safety rules and keeping an extra eye out for students.
• Coffee With The Principal: Please join me tomorrow, Friday, March 23, for Coffee With The Principal at Cub Foods West. Drop your kiddos off at school, and then come for some coffee from 7:30-8:30.
• Student Council Career Day Dollar Dress Up Day: The Roosevelt Student Council is raising money for BENCHS. Next Tuesday, March 27, students may dress up for Career Day, wearing something that represents what they might do some day for a career. Students who dress up are being asked to donate $1. Have fun and support a good cause!
• Yearbook orders are due tomorrow, Friday, March 23!!! Don't delay. Here is the link you can use to order your child's yearbook. The Roosevelt code is: 3686718. As a reminder, 5th graders receive a FREE yearbook, a $12 value courtesy of the Roosevelt PTO. If 5th graders would like to add personalization or other upgrades, parents will have to add these items and pay for these additional costs using the paper order form and not the online option! If you have a 5th grader and do NOT want any extras, do nothing! Isn't that nice??
• School Calendars: The 2018-19 and the 2019-20 school calendars have been set. You can view them here if you wish. Thank you for giving feedback throughout this process.
• There is NO SCHOOL March 28, 29, 30, and April 2. School resumes on Tuesday, April 3. Enjoy your time away--maybe the weather will warm up a bit!
As always, thank you for supporting our work!
Principal for the Morning
Westin was Principal for the Morning last week. Way to go, Westin. Keep turning those bookmarks in, Raccoons! Readers are leaders!!!!
Caleb won an extra 15-minute recess for his entire class. Kudos to you, Caleb! Keep reading, Raccoons!
This beautiful sign was made by the 4th grade students as a thank you gift that was given to the West HS Ceramics students who helped with the recent ceramic project. Thank you to these West students for their guidance, encouragement, and support.