The Bear Tracker
Special Edition: Hybrid Learning - February 2021
Dear Battle Creek Bear Families,
I hope that by now you have received both district communication and my video presentation about the transition to Hybrid Learning happening in March. If not, my video is linked below and you can watch the message from our superintendent using this link (in multiple languages): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuQhxeqNBW4JNOFwRF4jqZoiq1k-8texE
I recognize that the news of returning to school may come with a variety of emotions and a lot of questions. Below you will find some general information with more specifics included in my video presentation and slides (provided in English and Spanish below). Additionally, I have included a short survey for each family to complete AFTER watching the video. This will give us more information to improve our Hybrid Learning plan and ensure that we keep students and staff safe and healthy. Please check your email regularly for additional information and updates. Facebook and Instagram are also great ways to receive updated information quickly so please follow us, if you aren't already.
Hybrid Learning Model Information:
- Students will attend 2 days per week in-person and 2 days independent, online learning from home
- Approx. half of each class (Cohort A) will attend on site Tuesday & Thursday, the other half (Cohort B) will attend on site Wednesday & Friday
- Mondays will continue to be student support and staff development days
- Classroom specific daily schedules will be shared closer to your student's return date
- Students will be required to wear masks, follow social distancing guidelines, and wash hands frequently; movement throughout the building will be limited
- Visitors/volunteers will not be permitted in the building
- All adults on campus will be required to follow the same health & safety guidelines as staff and students
- Daily school activities will be modified to meet parameters of ODE guidelines for Hybrid learning
- Hybrid school days will not look the same as a “typical” school day, as in years past, so please begin preparing your student for this
While this next transition comes with some uncertainty, we at Battle Creek are looking forward to welcoming our Bears back into our quiet classrooms! Please reach out if you have any urgent questions. As always, thank you for partnering with us to provide your child the best education we can.
Mrs. Freeborn, Principal
A video message from Mrs. Freeborn:
- Please take time to watch this 25 min. Back To School - Hybrid Style video presentation from Mrs. Freeborn, packed with important information about Hybrid Learning.
- Also available: the slides used in Mrs. Freeborn's video presentation in English and Spanish; these will serve as "live documents" with additional information being added as more decisions are made and plans are firmed up.
- AFTER watching the video presentation or reading all the slides, please take 5 min. to complete the Back To School - Hybrid Style parent survey. This information will greatly help us to create the best plans possible for a safe and smooth transition.
Parent Teacher Club Meeting with Hybrid Q & A
Wednesday, Feb. 24th, 6:30pm
Topic: February 2021 BC Bears Parent Club Meeting
Time: Feb 24, 2021 06:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 880 4069 5372
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,88040695372#,,,,*015653# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,88040695372#,,,,*015653# US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 880 4069 5372
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcuZtGutEs
Bus Rider Information for Hybrid:
As students prepare to return to school buildings for hybrid learning, many may choose to utilize district-provided transportation. Transportation is available for students attending their resident school who live beyond one mile of their school.
Bus rider registration is now open for eligible SKPS elementary families!
Families can confirm eligibility for bus service, by using the Bus Finder tool and type in their address. If families are eligible, they will be given a link to complete the rider registration form. All eligible riders will need to complete this form to receive transportation services.
Learn more about elementary transportation:https://busfinder.salkeiz.k12.or.us/elinkrp/Students/BasicTransBoundarySearch.aspx
A Note From Our School Nurse: Medication Change At Schools
With students returning to in-person learning there will undoubtedly be questions about illness and medications at school. Our school district follows rules set forth by the State or Oregon. It has always been clear that in order for a student to receive a medication at school it must be necessary for that student to remain in school. Previously parents would bring medications to keep at school “just in case” there was illness. We are now asking parents NOT to do that. If a student is showing signs of illness, that may indicate a communicable disease so the school staff will be calling parents to pick up their child. If a student has a documented condition such as Asthma or allergies, we ask that you reach out to our School Nurse via the school office. Attached is our Medication Administration in the Schools guidelines. We appreciate your cooperation.
Have a Student Who Is New to Battle Creek?
If you would like for your new Battle Creek Bear(s) to have a tour of the school prior to their first day in-person, please contact our office to schedule a time for a tour at a day and time when we do not have other students in the building. Parents will be permitted to accompany students on their tour as well.
Grab & Go Lunch Update
Hybrid student supply lists- Spring 2021
Click the grade list below to see your students Hybrid supply list that for when your student is in building. Please label all items that belongs to your student. We will not be sharing supplies this year.
You Have Questions, We Have Answers:
Finding your student(s) cohort
- Select the student that you want to confirm information with.
- Select the Student Info tab.
- Scroll to the bottom to other data. There you will see Cohort an that will list either T/Th or W/F for you student.
Select the images below to help see a visual of your ParentVue to know what to select