Ms. Steere's Classroom
February 1st - 5th
- Don't forget to send in completed January BookIt calendar for your student's free pizza. February's BookIt calendar will be sent home in Tuesday's Fox Folder.
- Please write your child's name on the inside of jackets and other removable items to reduce the chance of loss.
- February 1st - 100th Day of School!
- February 3rd, 7:15am - Donuts with Dad (make-up date)
- February 3rd - Coffee with the Principals
- February 5th - Valentine Grams forms/money due
- February 12th - Valentine's Day Celebration
- February 15th - Presidents' Day, ****NOW A SCHOOL DAY!****
This Week's Learning Goals
- ask and answer questions about stories read. (Reading SOLs: K.2f, K.3h, K.9d)
- write my first and last names. (Writing SOL: K.11b)
- write uppercase and lowercase letters independently. (Writing SOL: K.11a)
- write to communicate ideas. (Writing SOL: K.12b-d)
- identify tools to measure length, weight, temperature, and time. (Math SOL: K.8)
- compare lengths (longer/shorter), weights (heavier/lighter), and temperatures (hotter/colder). (Math SOL: K.10)
- investigate, describe, and demonstrate how shadows are created. (Science SOL: K.8a,b)
- identify sources of light that can create shadows. (Science SOL: K.8a,b)
- match objects with their shadows. (Science SOL: K.8a,b)
This Month's Birthdays
February 26th: Cameron