Soule Elementary's Cowboy Connect
Dear Soule Families,
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! I hope everyone had a relaxing and restful summer vacation with family, friends, and loved ones! We are anxiously awaiting the start of a new school year! Please take a moment to review Open House information, SafeDismissal, the new Shirt Sale, Meeting the Cowboy Crew, Dunk Tank night, Talking Points and Important Upcoming Dates. I am looking forward to a wonderful new school year. Most importantly, thank you for sharing your children with us here at Soule! Please reach out to me for any reason at all.
Soule Elementary Principal
(620) 789-0907- Cell
(620) 471-2116- Soule
Meet your teacher, bring your school supplies and backpacks to leave, get your SafeDismissal number, and buy a new Soule Shirt!
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL: Thursday, August 18th
- On the first week of school, you may walk your student(s) in the building and to their classroom(s) if you would like! If you arrive before the 7:50 bell, different grade levels go to different areas. Kinder & First- K/1 Makerspace, and 2nd-5th in the gym. After the 7:50 bell, teachers will come guide their students to their classrooms. Parents, we ask that your child develops a sense of routine. We know arrival time can be a little scary. After the first week, we encourage parents to foster their child's independence and further develop their school routine by allowing them to walk with the teacher.
- Please try to arrive by 7:50am for breakfast since school begins at 8am. If your student arrives after 8am, they are considered tardy and will need to stop by the office to grab a tardy slip from the attendance clerk before heading to class. Dismissal is 3:15pm. Please see below on SafeDismissal details.
- Did you know Soule offers the after-school program through the YMCA? Please contact the YMCA to sign up your students for after-school care!
NEW SHIRTS FOR SALE! Proud to be a Cowboy!
Soule will continue with SafeDismissal for this upcoming school year. Please see the videos below if you are new to Soule! This dismissal process improves the safety of your children and the efficiency (speed) of dismissal. We have partnered with the company safeDISMISSAL.COM again. One of the many features of this dismissal process is that your children will remain comfortably and safely in their classroom until the moment they will meet you in the "car loading zone".
Here are a couple tips to follow during our new dismissal process:
1. Please make sure to have your ‘pick-up’ card displayed in your front window when entering the dismissal line. Please keep your card displayed until your child has been loaded into your car. You will get your new card at Open House August 17th (5:30-6:30pm). We are going to try to keep the numbers the same for returning families.
2. If your student does not arrive at the loading spot before you do, you may be instructed to move forward where your child will be notified again. We ask you to move forward so that we do not hold up the remaining dismissal line.
Finally, we ask for your patience the first couple of days that we implement the process. Our staff is committed to making this process beneficial to all!
Please visit www.safeDISMISSAL.com for more information as well as more info from Soule!
English Video explaining SafeDismissal
Spanish Video explaining SafeDismissal
Mark your calendars for Splashing into Math!
Splashing into Math!
Thursday, Aug. 25th, 4-5:45pm
401 Soule Street
Dodge City, KS
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Talking Points will be up and running soon! We are able to communicate with families directly via text message through this! This tool will allow all families to receive messages in their home language instantly. 🙌
Important Upcoming Dates
- Monday, September 5 and Tuesday, September 6- Labor Day & Staff Development Day: NO SCHOOL both days
- Friday, September 9- FALL PICTURE DAY!!!
- Wednesday, September 14- Regular dismissal time (Parent Teacher Conferences at night)
- Thursday, September 15- Parent Teacher Conference Day & Night- NO SCHOOL
- Friday, September 16- Conference Release Day- NO SCHOOL