AMMS Lion's Roar
"Recognize the Roar"
Monday, March 13th, 2023
2022 - 2023 School Year
Mr. Trey Martin, Principal
Dr. Mimi Gamel, 7th grade Assistant Principal
Mrs. Ashley Perry, 6th grade Assistant Principal
Accepting Nominations for 2023-2024 AMMS PTA Board of Directors
The AMMS PTA nominating committee is pleased to announce we are accepting nominations for the 2023-2024 AMMS PTA Board of Directors! We are looking for volunteers to fill the positions listed below. You must have a current PTA membership to be considered or plan to become a member by August 2023. All nominees must give their consent by completing the nomination form attached. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, March 31, 2023. Nominees will be contacted directly by a nominating committee member to discuss position duties and qualifications. We hope you will join our board and help continue our commitment to improving the educational experience for our students, teachers, and administrators.
- Vice President of Academic Enrichment
- Vice President of Administrative Support
Please direct any questions to Paula Havard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The nominating committee does not fill the positions of Parliamentarian, Committee Chairs, or Committee members but will forward information of anyone interested in those positions to the new board of directors upon their election.
Congratulations to our AMMS Reflections Winners at the North Fulton County Level.
These winners will advance to the Georgia state level for judging.
Youngseo B. (8th) – 2nd Place
Sophia Z. (7th) – 2nd Place
Anvita S. (6th) – 2nd Place
Kevin F. (8th) – 1st Place
Ella M. (8th) – 1st Place
Jason L. (6th) – 1st Place
Tara P. (6th) – 1st Place
Wednesday is the last day to donate to Fur Kids.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
March 13th - 17th - Staff/Teacher Appreciation Week
March 13th - No School for Students
March 14th - Teacher Workday - No School for Students
March 16th - Band/Orchestra Concert in Cafe 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
March 17th - St. Patrick's Day
March 21st - Multicultural Night - 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
March 23rd - Scoliosis Screening
School Board Appreciation Week
Fulton County Schools is joining in a statewide celebration to acknowledge the work and dedication of our local school board members. The week of March 13-17, 2023 has been proclaimed School Board Appreciation Week in Georgia. Each member contributes her own strengths to the district, and these different contributions and perspectives make our Board a formidable group. We thank them for their leadership, their commitment to our students and our community, and for supporting our mission, “Where Students Come First.”
Board of Education members currently serving our school district:
District 1: Katha Stuart
District 2: Lillie Pozatek
District 3: Katie Gregory
District 4: Franchesca Warren (Vice President)
District 6: Kristen McCabe
District 6: Kimberly Dove (President)
District 7: Dr. Michelle Morancie
Rising 9th Graders Final Course Forms - Due March 17th
Parents and Future Gladiators,
We are now in Phase 3 of the scheduling process for Rising 9th graders attending Johns Creek High School. Please read the following information carefully.
Today, your student will receive a BLUE “Final Course Request Form”. This form must be completed for all students, dated, and signed by a parent, and then returned to their homeroom teachers by March 17th.
Please follow these directions:
- Review teacher recommendations that were made in Infinite Campus. These will be on one side of the BLUE form.
- CROSS OUT courses that your student does not want to take.
- On the reverse side of the requested courses:
- Complete Student Name, Student ID #, verify TAG status, and complete the Summer Contact.
- In the boxes, write the 6 classes your student wishes to take for the 2023-24 school year.
- Yearlong classes should be written in both semester 1 and 2.
- Students must choose 2 courses if they are selecting a semester courses, such as health, personal fitness, and American government/civics (one for first semester and different semester course for second semester).
- IF you are requesting a course that a teacher has not recommended:
- Cross the recommended class out on the course side of the BLUE form.
- Write the new class in the appropriate box.
- Parent and Student sign the “Course Waiver” – ONLY if requesting a higher course than recommended.
- IF your student is taking AP Government OR AP Human Geography, parent and student must sign the “AP Commitment” section.
- Complete the box at the bottom of the page:
- Student signature
- Parent Name
- Parent Phone #/email
- Parent Signature
It is important to include parent contact information in the event someone needs to contact you regarding the selections.
EVERY STUDENT IS REQUIRED TO TURN THIS FORM IN SIGNED BY THE STUDENT AND PARENT BY MARCH 17TH. Forms will be date stamped as they are turned in.
A Scheduling FAQ has been posted on the Johns Creek website: https://johnscreekguidance.com/rising-9th-graders/ to help answer any of your questions.
Please note the lunch times will be different.
The Fulton County School System (District Health Services) will soon conduct the annual state-mandated Scoliosis Screenings for sixth and eighth-grade students.
Autrey Mill Middle School will conduct Scoliosis Screenings on Thursday, March 23, 2023, during the school day for 6th & 8th grades ONLY.
For more information about scoliosis or the screening process, please see the forms/letters linked below.
Parents or guardians can choose to NOT have their student screened for scoliosis by selecting the opt-out option on Form #4400 or opt-out of the school scoliosis screening event.
Students will be asked to participate in the screening event unless you have submitted forms to opt-out.
If you choose to opt-out, please print and complete the Fulton County Parent Scoliosis Screening Letter or Form #4400 and return to the AMMS Front Office by Tuesday, March 21, 2023.
If you have questions, please contact Anita Erickson (email@example.com)
Parent Volunteers are still needed to assist at AMMS with the screening process on March 23, 2023.
- There are 2 shifts available.
- Training will be provided.
- If you are available and can assist with the screening process, it would be greatly appreciated.
- Please follow the steps below.
First, you must sign up to be a Volunteer with Fulton County Schools. Safety & Security / Register as a Volunteer (fultonschools.org)
Second, you must sign up with Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F44A8AA22A5FECF8-amms8
Media Center Event
Media Center Newsletter
Young Georgia Author’s Writing Competition, Winners!
1. First, go through the volunteer process from Fulton County Schools
2. Second, if you want to participate showing off the beauty of your culture,
Please fill out this form Multicultural Night Sign Up
3. Permission form for parents to fill out for student participation.
AMMS School Store Volunteers Sign Up 2nd Semester 2022-2023
Calling all AMMS parents and guardians! The School Store needs volunteers for this semester! Join the team to meet new people, be involved and have fun! This is a biweekly 1 1/2 hour commitment. #ammspta Use the QR code or link to sign up to volunteer at The School Store today! https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/10c0f44a8aa22a5fecf8-amms6
Counseling Office Information
Fulton County Public Schools is now offering a secure website to facilitate student records requests and transcripts.
All requests for student records/information will be submitted and paid for (if applicable) online. Phone and fax requests will no longer be accepted.
From the desk of our Social Worker, Dr. John B. Burger, LCSW
Parent's Responsibility When a Child is Absent
- Parents should notify the school before or after the absence(s)
- Notes should be directed to attendance owner at the school
- Handwritten note or email
- Notification from parents should happen no later than 5 days after absence
Middle and High School
- Middle/High School messages begin going out around 4:30 p.m. on the day of the absence.
- If your student is absent or misses one or more periods of the school day, they will be marked with an "A" (for absent) in our attendance system, and you will receive an automated phone call and email message to the designated contact info you provided in Infinite Campus. This includes excused absences that are approved in advance.
- Errors can occur and if you feel you received a phone call by mistake, contact your school front office to verify that your student’s attendance record is accurate.
- If your student's absence was unexpected, please remember to contact your child's school by sending in a note or email so the absence can be marked "excused" in the system.
FCS COVID 19 Reporting Procedures
FCS COVID 19 Reporting
Due to the ever-changing nature of this pandemic, the district will continue to monitor COVID data and recommendations, consult with public health officials, and make additional adjustments as necessary. If your child is sick, please keep them home. Families are still required to report a confirmed positive case of COVID-19, a pending COVID-19 test result (regardless of the reason for testing), and a direct contact with a person who is COVID-19 positive. FCS student/parents must use the Parent Reporting Portal to make the COVID-19 report.
Leadership Johns Creek has a new three-day Program starting March 15-17, 2023!
If you’ve always wanted to explore the community as a whole including the arts, government, education and health and human services of Johns Creek and how your leadership style fits into our community then this newly reimagined format is for you.
Registration includes all event activities as well as pizza for lunch. Please register all members of your family who will be attending and participating in lunch.
If you are Interested in learning more about this event and how to register can be found using the link below.