Get Up and Get Moving
Strengthen Learning Through Movement
Play in the classroom is just as beneficial to learning
Take a look at these ideas!
* Allow students to exercise with dance routines like Just Dance.
* Students can play solitary games like putting together a puzzle.
* If the weather is nice, let them observe outside or dig around.
* Practice a new skill through functional play. Allow student to play scoot or bingo in the room while moving around.
* A simple walk will also help. Allow students to walk around while pair sharing or talking with their group.
* Have a relay race for team building.
* Sports like soccer an football are great for P.E time.
A quick internet search will also provide great ideas for getting kids moving.