October 26, 2018
Oak Mountain Missions Clothing and Food Drive
Greystone Elementary donated more than 30 boxes of food to Oak Mountain Missions and countless bags of clothing! Greystone will stock the shelves at Oak Mountain Missions at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 27th. Come with your family and take a tour!
Scholastic eWallet is back! Just add money to your child's eWallet and you won't have to worry about sending money when your child shops! Go to https://tinyurl.com/y926wrsj and scroll to the green eWallet section. Click Get Started, then Go to eWallet. Click Register to set up an account. Available now through November 1. Get an extra drawing entry for $25 in free books if you use eWallet! Email Mrs. Richey at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help.
Lost and Found Reminder!
What's Happening with PTA?
- Leave a Legacy Kick-off Movie Night/Food Trucks/ Silent Auction
- Leave a Legacy Fundraiser Week - $28,442.46 Raised
- Sent $1000 donation to Palmico School in NC from fundraiser funds
- Sent encouraging cards from our students to the students of Palmico School
- Issued Teacher School Grants for additional PE equipment, STEAM equipment, Art Supplies & Math Concepts supplies
- Hosted a school-wide dress up day (Cowboy / Wear pink) to raise money for a retired Greystone Teacher that passed away
- Coordinated the events of Red Ribbon Week
- Taco Mama Spirit Night – raising $319 for the school!
PTA SPOTLIGHT: VICKI DUNCAN
This is my third year to serve on the PTA Board. My current position is VP Communications. You may have seen me changing out the marquee in front of the school! I have enjoyed being a part of PTA over the years and seeing the progress that comes through it. We have a great group of caring moms that are truly dedicated to Greystone Elementary.
I would like to encourage everyone to be involved in PTA where it is possible. We have monthly meetings at the school and we would love for you to drop in anytime to see what it’s all about! All support is appreciated so much and through your continued support we are able to do great things at Greystone Elementary!
Congratulations to our Red Ribbon Week Contest Winners!
October 27th - Oak Mountain Missions Service Opportunity for families - 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
October 29th-November 1st- Fall Book Fair
November 7th - PEEHIP Insurance holders - Flu Clinic - 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
November 7th - City of Hoover Comprehensive Plan presentation - 6:00 pm in the cafeteria
November 8th - PTA General Meeting 5:45 p.m.
November 8th - 4th Grade Veteran's Day Program
November 12th- Veteran's Day Holiday- No School
November 13th - School Board Meeting - 5:30 p.m.
November 14th- Progress Reports Go Home
November 13-16th- Enrichment Week- Camp Wanna-Be-A-Learner
November 15th- Family Night 6:30-7:30 p.m.- Star Walk and Bobby Horton Musical Performance around the campfire with s'mores
November 15th - Thanksgiving Lunch - mark your calendars now!
November 19 - 23 - School Closed for Thanksgiving Holidays
Click Here for the 2018-2019 Hoover City Schools Calendar
Greystone Neighbors: New Publication
Dear Greystone Elementary Families,
There is a new magazine dedicated to our community: Greystone Neighbors. The editor has reached out to us to invite families to contribute content to this new publication. This can include:
- Photos (local scenery, family pets, gardens, collections, travels, etc.) – by adults/students and each would receive full credit
- Family news (anniversaries, weddings, graduations, acceptance into colleges, etc.)
- Student of Character nominations (need name, reason being nominated, and parent contact)
- Articles (personal stories, friendly advice, reprints of blogs that residents may already be writing, etc.)
- Classifieds (kids promoting a service such as tutoring, dog walking, babysitting, lawn cutting, etc. OR adults selling any sports equipment, golf carts, furniture, etc.)
All materials can be submitted anytime to:
Mrs. Kirstin Ahearn
Editor and Publisher, Greystone Neighbors
This new magazine is designed to celebrate Greystone in a very positive and special way. We hope families take advantage of this opportunity to participate and make this a wonderful reflection on our community.
Our Greystone Motto
Learn - Lead - Leave a Legacy
Our Greystone Mission
As a school community, we empower learners, inspire leaders, and encourage all children to reach their potential.
Our Greystone Vision
Empowering a generation of learners and leaders to leave a legacy.