The Knightly News
2023-24 School Year
Important Upcoming Dates
Aug 8: Meet the Teacher (5pm-7:30pm)
- 7pm-7:30pm [Phelan Parent Presentation: Video Link to follow]
- Please plan to stop by the Phelan Community Meet and Greet. Let's know our community!
- Please bring your business card. We want to build a Phelan Community Phone Book.
Aug 14: First Day of School
Aug 18: Chuck-E-Cheese Spirit Night
Sept 11-14: Book Fair
Sept 14: Open House/Parent Night
Oct 4: Curriculum Night
Detailed Fliers below.
Please note that dates, events, and times are subject to change.
A Message from your Principal, Kevin Croft
Happy Sunday Phelan Parents-
I wanted to THANK the Friends of Phelan (Phelan PTO) for designing, organizing, and managing the first ever, Return to the Empire Event. Phelan families were able to join us Saturday and get face painting, dancing, basketball, train rides, food, and more! It was a tremendous event! It was a day of Phelan Fun with Great People!
A special thank you to our sponsors, and the Phelan PTO, who will be highlighted over the next several weeks.
We have 1 week LEFT!
Students begin school on August 14, 2023. Please note that we CANNOT issue your student a teacher until all forms are complete including all BOY forms, Medical/ Medicine information forms, and Smart Tags. All necessary links are the Blue Buttons below labeled, "Quick Links." Please complete yours ASAP!
This week is Phelan's Meet the Teacher from 5-8pm. This is an exciting time for everyone involved! The breakdown is as follows:
5:00-5:30 pm: Pre-K Meet the Teacher
5:30-7:00 pm: K-5 Meet the Teacher
7:00-7:30 pm: Principal Presentation
- The principal presentation is designed to give parents the 23-24 changes such as Title campus events, CEP, start times, busses, curriculum expectations, etc.
- If you are unable to attend, I will send the presentation on Wednesday.
- Please plan to stop by the Meet-n-Greet in the LGI and get to know our Phelan community.
- Please bring your business card for our Phelan Community Phonebook. Let's help build the Phelan community with OUR business leaders.
Overall, I can already feel the energy and this WILL be an AMAZING YEAR! I will send out a long email next week with procedures, videos, etc. This week, lets focus on completing all the Beginning of Year forms, Medical information, Meet the Teacher, Phelan Phonebook, and Parent presentation.
I hope everyone has a tremendous week and I will see you Tuesday!
Phelan Dress Code
Bottoms: Solid khaki, navy, or black shorts, skirts, skorts, capris, pants or jumpers. Blue or black denim pants, skirts, or shorts may be worn any day with provisions such as no holes. All bottoms must be past the student’s fingertips. Basketball shorts are not part of the uniform dress.
Tops: Blue (any version of blue), Black, White, or Gray solid colored, collared shirt/blouse or Phelan t-shirt. All shirts must be tucked in unless it is a Dress Down Day.
Shoes: Shoes must be suitable for PE/ Recess. No backless shoes, Slides, Roller shoes, or flip-flops allowed.
ALL students and staff are REQUIRED to wear their ID at ALL times. Parents MUST Raptor into the school through the front office, no exceptions. This is a safety requirement. Safety First.