Seeds of Knowledge
Vol. 2, Issue 29 May 16, 2016
Fluffing Your Branches
- participated in the 2nd and 3rd year Probationary Teacher Panel with Mrs. Kutcher!
- participated in PARCC testing--whatever role you played--THANKS!
- provided make-up sessions for PARCC!!
Cultivating Your Knowledge
- Open Enrollment has begun...see below for details.
- The Summer/Fall CPD Course List has been published. Consider signing up for a class. Click here to access the catalog on sharepoint.
- For those teachers still need the ETM class, check the CPD Courses for offerings, this must be completed in your first 2 years with HCPS.
Organizing Your Growth
5/2 Open enrollment for Health Benefits
5/17 Chorus Concert
5/18 Parent Conference Night and Orchestra Concert
5/19 JEPL and Band Concert
5/24 Department Meetings
5/27 Chat and Chew Drop in--Mentor Office 1
5/30 Schools and offices closed--Memorial Day
Horace Mann Offers $25 Gift Card to Restaurants!
Susan L. McDonough is offering a $25 gift card for restaurant.com for anyone requesting an auto insurance comparison quote.
Also, if you were unable to attend the last Probationary Teacher session, Ms. McDonough has a folder available with student loan forgiveness information. Give her a call and she can help you through the process!
Susan L. McDonough
The Horace Mann companies
1504 Barrett St.
Havre de Grace, MD 21078
410-939-7432 or susan.McDonough@horacemann.com
Open Enrollment Information (from the 411)
Open Enrollment for health/dental/life and Flexible Spending Accounts opens on Monday, May 2, 2016. Open Enrollment provides eligible employees an opportunity to enroll or make changes to their plans.
This year’s Open Enrollment is a “passive enrollment,” which means your current medical, dental and life elections will carry over to 2016-17. Current FSA elections will expire on June 30, 2016. FSA elections must be made each plan year.
As of May 2, employees may review the “2016 Benefits Enrollment & Reference Guide” on the homepage of the Harford County Public Schools website, www.hcps.org, on SharePoint > HR/Benefits, as well as the Benelogic website. A small quantity of printed books will be distributed to each work location as reference copies.
To enroll in your benefits starting May 2, 2016:
· Using a computer with Internet, go to https://hcps.benelogic.com (enter in address field, not search)
· Enter your User ID (HCPS 5-digit Employee ID#)
· Enter your password, or click on “Forgot User ID/Password”
If you are adding any dependents to your medical or dental coverage for 2016-17 you will need to submit the dependent verification form and required documentation to the benefits office by June 20th.
Reminder to PPO Plus Participants
All employees enrolled in the CareFirst BCBS PPO Plus health plan must elect a new health plan during open enrollment, if they wish to continue health coverage through Harford County Public Schools.
Looking for some fun things to do around Harford County?