November Tiger Times SV.3
WEEK OF MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21 - FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2022
WEEK AT A GLANCE
- Covering a class is an extra pay assignment to ensure student learning continues when their teacher is absent. Therefore, in the absence of lesson plans, have students log on to i-Ready and complete Reading/Math assignments. Administration will walk through to monitor.
- Walkthroughs will continue with the focus on Approaches to Learning (ATL) Skill - SOCIAL; students working as a team. We're looking for students working collaboratively as a team to achieve the learning objective, which falls under Highly Effective of the NYSUT Rubric:
- Teacher’s instructional practices engage students at an appropriately high level of cognitive challenge. Students have regular and ongoing opportunities to interact with the teacher and with peers. Students initiate interactions to deepen cognitive engagement.
- Announced Observations will continue. The goal is to have all Announced Observations completed by January 30, 2023.
- Attendance is to be taken EVERY period by whoever is covering the class.
- Keep all classroom and external doors (doors leading to the outside of the building) closed and locked.
- Printed lesson plans are to be available near the door (in hanging file holders) or open in a tab on your Promethean boards.
- Stand outside of your classroom door during changing of periods.
- Escort students to exit doors at dismissal.
- Continue to have students walk to their right and to use inside voices.
Have a Wonderful Week!
Neighborhood Aide is watching: Please don't park in restricted areas.
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
Students involved in our after-school programs must exit the building and come back in through the front doors.
Please remind all students prior to dismissal. Thank you.
Loaner Laptops need to be returned at the end of every school day!! The students are able to drop off prior to their last period.
8th Grade loaner laptops are being used by teachers due to the fact that 2 students have not brought back those loaners since September. These are a first come, first serve premise if you only need 1 - 4 during the day.
7th Grade loaner laptops are distributed in the morning, prior to Period 2. If a student is late and needs a laptop, please send them with a pass. These laptops are first come, first serve.
LAPTOP CARTS & LAPTOP KEYS
Calling all Laptop Cart Keys and Laptop Carts to the Media Center.
- Please be considerate of your coworkers who are signing out the laptop carts and are not receiving keys since they haven't been returned.
- Make sure to return the carts to the media center for charging at the end of the day.
- When taking the laptop carts in the morning, double-check to make sure you are taking the one you signed out for in the book.
Let's work with one another to make sure our students have the technical tools necessary to succeed.
Every 1st Monday of the month.
The zoom link will be sent to your email the morning of.
FIELD TRIP PROTOCOL
All local field trips will require 1 chaperone to 15 students.
Field trips out of state will require 1 chaperone to 10 students.