Advanced ecoprint luxury retreat
Brittany France 5-12th September 2020
A 7 day workshop in a glorious French manor house, led by Caroline Nixon
- expand your colour palette by exploring some of the lesser known natural dyes
- new mordant combinations, applied in innovative ways
- a different take on carrier cloths
- layering dyes,tannins and blankets to make complex patterned cloth
- succesful prints on cellulose fabrics
- garments - upcycling, printing cloth for garment making, tackling complex pieces
- individual projects encouraged and supported.
- a huge airy studio equipped with everything you need
Manoir de Kerledan is a beautifully restored 15th century Manor House offering luxurious accommodation and a spacious studio.The wonderful gardens will provide us with an abundance of vegetation.
Breakfast lunch and dinner will be served, using fresh local produce, some of it grown in the potager at Kerledan. Emphasis will be on European and Middle Eastern flavours, special dietary needs can be accommodated. House wine will be provided with dinner. The small group size, atmospheric surroundings, and fabulous food will make every evening feel like a dinner party !
On one half day we will have an outing, perhaps to a local brocante, or to the 'Valley of the Saints', where the 1000 saints of Brittany are sculpted out of monumental pieces of rock. On that day, lunch will be at a local restaurant, at participants' expense.
Single occupancy of double room ensuite 1950 euros
Shared occupancy twin room ensuite - 3 foot divans 1550 euros
Couple sharing kingsize room, one non participating 2500 euros for both (full board)
Materials fee 50 euros
The nearest airport is Rennes. From Rennes ( or from Paris ) it is an easy rail journey to Carhaix, from where we will pick you up. The Manor is within easy reach of Roscoff and St Malo ferry ports
Booking is open now. A 250 euro deposit will secure your place. Contact email@example.com to book.