- Domain Eukarya: They can be single celled and multicelled
- Kingdom Animalia: The tissues in animals are organized into specific organs
- Phylum Chordata: They have bilateral symmetry, they have 3 germ layers
- Subphylum Vertebrata: Have a heart with 2-4 chambers
- Class Mammalia: All animals have hair in some point of there life but sometimes adults lose there hair
- Order Carnivora: All animals are known for there upper molars and lower molars that help them eat and kill
- Family Felidae: Have large eyes and exceptional vision and are specialized for shearing.
- Genus: Roaring lions
- Species Panthera Leo: Lions are large cats with short, tawny coats, white underparts, and long tails with a black tip.
- Males height is 1.2 m
- Females height is 1.1 m
- Males weigh typically 189 kg
- Females weigh 126 kg
- 6-ft tall and 2 m. in length
- Lions are carnivores so they mainly eat meat. Pretty much all Lions live in Africa. Lions are capable of killing other predators there main predators are leopards, cheetahs, hyenas, and wild dogs, they have short tawny coats, with a black tip at the end of there tail. They like to live in a grassy area so they can blend in and not get spotted. Also they sometimes live in forests. They like living in the open because there faster than most animals and that's where a lot of there predators live at. So it's easier for them to hunt.
It helps them survive because of there big teeth thye can eat other animals and scare there pray away
African Lion map
It helps them survive because they have different places where they live and hunt.
Two males hunting
This helps them because they hunt together in a pride which is a group of a few animals and if an animal sees them they might get scared because there out numbered.
The lions hunt/live in prides. Prides are groups that have around 10-20 lions in there group they hunt together to make the other animals look scared so then they attack them and they eat them by themselves
Lions are large cats with short, tawny coats, white underparts, and long tails with a black tip at the end.
Nearly all wild lions live in Africa, but one small population of Asian lions exists in India's Gir Forest. Asian lions and African lions are subspecies of the same species.
The lion is a member of the cat family, and shares many common traits of this family.
The body is very muscular. Cubs usually have brown spots with a grayish. The longest male was 3.3 m. Adult Lions have 30 total teeth. They usually live around 14-20 years old but it is possibly for them to live longer.
[ANIMAL DIVERSITY WEB]. (2004, August 28). Retrieved August 28, 2004, from Animal diversity web website: http://animaldiversity.org/accounts/Panthera_leo/
Burton, M., & Burton, R. (2002). Lion. In International wildlife encyclopedia v.1 (AAR-BAR) (3rd ed., Vol. 11, pp. 1460-1463). New York, NY: Marshall Cavendish.
Harrington, E. 2004. "Panthera leo" (On-line), Animal Diversity Web. Accessed March 11, 2015 at http://animaldiversity.org/accounts/Panthera_leo/