Class of 2020 Graduates
Here are the things you need to know to graduate
Below, we will cover exactly what you need to do to make sure you are ready to move on to college!
This will cover the 24-credit program.
Minimum Grade Point Average
That means...Cs GET DEGREES!
(Obviously, don't strive for only this)
Minimum Credit Requirements
4 Credits English Language Arts (ELA)
-ELA honors, AP, AICE, IB and dual enrollment courses may satisfy this requirement
4 Credits Mathematics
-Industry certifications that lead to college credit may substitute for up to two mathematics credits (except for Algebra I and Geometry).
4 Credits Science
-Two of the three required credits must have a laboratory component.
-An industry certification that leads to college credit substitutes for up to one science credit (except for Biology I)
-An identified rigorous computer science course with a related industry certification substitutes for up to one science credit (except for Biology I).
3 Credits Social Studies
-1 credit in U.S. History
-.5 credit in U.S. Government
-.5 credit in Economics with Financial Literacy
1 Credit Fine and Performing Arts, Speech and Debate or Practical Arts
1 Credit Physical Education
(Special Note: Eligible courses and eligible course substitutions are specified in the Florida Course Code Directory at http://www.fldoe.org/policy/articulation/ccd
8 Elective Credits
1 Online Course
State Assessment Requirements
Students Must Pass the Following Statewide Assessments
- Algebra I end-of-course (EOC) and the results constitute thirty percent of the final course grade* or a comparative score on the Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (P.E.R.T.)
Students must participate in the EOC assessments, and the results constitute 30 percent of the final course grade*. These assessments are in the following subjects:
- Biology I
- U.S. History
- Algebra II (if enrolled)
*Special Note: Thirty percent not applicable if not enrolled in the course but passed the EOC.
Requirements for the Standard Diploma Resignations
Scholar Diploma Designation
- Earn 1 credit in Algebra II (must pass EOC)
- Pass the Geometry EOC
- Earn 1 credit instatistics or an equally rigorous mathematics course
- Pass the Biology I EOC
- Earn 1 credit in chemistry or physics
- Earn 1 credit in a course equally rigorous to chemistry or physics
-Pass the U.S. History EOC
- Earn 2 credits in the same world language
- Earn at least 1 credit in AP, IB, AICE or a dual enrollment course.
A student is exempt from the Biology I or U.S. History assessment if the student is enrolled in an AP, IB or AICE Biology I or U.S. History course and the student
- Takes the respective AP, IB or AICE assessment
- Earns the minimum score to earn college credit
Merit Diploma Designation
- Attain one or more industry certifications from the list established (per section 1003.492, Statutes [F.S.]).