Things To Do
Have a secure password
A strong password can be used to keep your accounts safe from being hacked.
To have a good password
- Change your password often
- Use a mix of letters, number, and symbols
- Don't use personal information or common words as a password
- Make sure your backup password options are up-to-date and secure
- Keep your passwords to yourself
- Use a unique password for each of your important accounts
(Click on link below to watch video on making a secure password.)
THINK before you do
H - is it Hurtful?
I - is it Inaccurate?
N - is it Nice?
K - is it Kind?
THINK before you post!!
Things Not To Do
Be careful what you share online - Don't share any of these things
- Inappropriate pictures
- Telephone Number
- Name (occasionally)
- Personal Conversations
- Social Plans (vacations)
- Information on your parents work or finances
- Password hints
- Anything that could ruin your reputation
- School, home (location)
Don't be a Cyberbully
Only 1 in 10 teens tells a parent if they have been a cyber bully victim
1 in 3 teens (12-17) have experienced online harassment.
Fewer than 1 in 5 cyber bulling incidents are reported to law enforcement.
(click on link below to find out)