Toko School Newsletter
Wednesday 8th September 2021
Kura Tuatahi Toko
Quality learning for all in a caring community.
Kounga ako mo katoa i roto i te taiao e atawhai ana.
Dear parents and friends of our school Kia Ora/Bora Da/Konichi Wa/Hello
Moving to Alert Level 2
Our Toko Team have been busy this week getting everything ready for our return to school on Thursday. We really are looking forward to seeing everyone!!!
At Alert Level 2 there is low risk of community transmission and it provides us with a lot more opportunities to engage and connect with others. However, there are still a number of public health requirements we all need to follow. Please do continue to monitor your health and do not send your children to school if they are not well (and please seek advice about getting a COVID test).
For us, all the required safety precautions for Alert Level 2 will be in place which include following all the recommendations from the public health experts. This means we will regularly clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces, encourage everyone to frequently wash their hands and cough and sneeze into their elbow.
While physical distancing is not a requirement in schools, we will be doing our best to keep students from congregating in very large numbers and keeping spaces ventilated.
Face coverings are not required to be worn in school. The Director General of Health has recommended that children 12 years+ wear a face covering at school – just as older children are required to wear face coverings in some other places. The decision to wear a face covering is up to you and your whānau, whatever your decision it will be respected. We do ask that all parents wear a face covering if you are at school for any reason and keep a 2 metre distance from people outside of your family.
Please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s kaiako or me if there is something you need assistance with. See you Thursday!
KEY POINTS IN PREPARING TO RETURN TO SCHOOL
- Their school bag must be able to be zipped up closed.
- Children must not bring sports equipment or toys to school from home.
- Library books need to be returned to school.
- There will be no hot lunches or school lunches during Term 2.
- If your child has a brand of sanitiser YOU wish them to use due to allergies etc, please ensure they have that with them also.
- If your child is unable to use sanitiser please contact your child's teacher to inform them.
Entering and Exiting school
- Children must wash their hands before coming to school.
- It is our preference that children are dropped off at school between 8.30 and 8.45 if not catching the bus.We realise that for some families this is not possible. Can you please email: email@example.com if your child needs to arrive at a different time.
- At the end of the day the following organisation will apply:
- At 3.00pm children must leave their school bags outside their classroom and collect their bag at 3.20 when the bus bell goes and walk to the bus shelter. Bus children are not allowed in the shelter until this time
Non Bus Children
Rooms 1 and 2 will be walked to the bus shelter by their classroom teacher at 2.50pm. Siblings will leave at this time as well.
Rooms 3 and 4 will be walked to the bus shelter at 3.00
Room 5 and 6 will be walked to the basketball court at 3.00 and will wait until it is clear to leave the school grounds. This will be managed by Mrs Waite/Mrs Fergus or a delegated staff member
We realise that for some families this is not possible. Can you please email: firstname.lastname@example.org if your child needs to leave school at a different time.
- It is our preference that only children come through the school gates.
Parents of special needs children/Year 1 - 2 children may need to come into the school grounds with their children. These arrangements will be made with the SENCO/Room 1 or 2 teachers. The covid tracing app is all that is required with regards to signing in.
If parents do enter the school to drop off or pick up their child the covid tracing app is all that is required with regards to signing in. These are placed at all entrances. If you are doing this you should be entering via the hall entrance.
When parents enter the school between 9.00 and 3.00 for any other reason they must sign in. This can be done via the School App or at the office. Parents to bring their own pen. Parents must park out the front of the school and use the hall entrance. Adults must keep 2m distance. Parents to do only what is required and leave immediately.
Parents will be required to wear a mask when entering our school grounds.
Alert Level 2 Health & Safety Plan
Our comprehensive over view of our planning for Alert Level 2 can be found on our school website - Alert Level 2 Health & Safety Plan. This includes a lot more detail about our entire plan. If after reading this you have any further questions please give us a call or email your questions to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
A FEW REMINDERS
If you have a school device at home can you please ensure this is wiped clean, that your children log themselves out of the device and delete anything that may have been saved to the device. Can these please be placed in a bag and returned to the staffroom on Thursday morning by your child, fully charged.
School Library Books
All children will need to return any school issued library books on Thursday.
Can you please make sure that your child brings their pencil case, any school books, reading books and BYOD devices back to school if they are at home.
These will be operating from Thursday.
Key points include:
- Seat behind driver to be closed off from passengers
- No public spacing requirement on School buses
- No standing on school buses
- Driver to bring any suspected sick children to the attention of the teacher, when dropping off students
- Driver to apply a pump of hand sanitiser to every students hands as they board the bus.
- Cleaning of all hard surfaces will be done by the driver after each trip (morning and night).
STAY AT HOME IF SICK
If your child is unwell or displays any of the following symptoms you must keep them away from school:
Symptoms we will monitor for are: any respiratory symptoms such as a cold, a head cold, blocked ears, cough, sneezing, chills and a fever.
Anyone with those symptoms should stay home and contact Healthline for advice, which may include getting tested for COVID-19 as a precaution.
Anyone with these respiratory symptoms should not enter our school.
Teachers will be expected to monitor the health of the children in their class. If we believe your child is becoming unwell you will be called to collect your child from school.
If your child is going to be absent from school please make sure you contact the school via the SCHOOL APP before 9.00am each day.
SCHOOL APP COVID SIGN IN
Our School APP has a feature that allows you to sign in electronically without having to come to the school office. Please make sure you have the most up to date version of the APP.
It is crucial at this time that everyone that comes onto our site is signed in and signs out when they leave. Please don't be offended if you are on site and we ask to see confirmation of this on your device. We are working really hard to keep everyone safe at school and this is an important part of our schools Health and Safety Management Plan.
UP TO DATE CONTACT DETAILS
You can easily update your details by filling in this form: CONTACT DETAILS
Alternatively you can call Annette in the office: 067622849