October 10, 2022
DATES TO REMEMBER
October 10th through 14th: Walk + Roll to School Days
October 13th: Parent Workshop in Math for grades 1st through 3rd
October 14th: State In-Service Day - NO SCHOOL
October 18th: College Goal Oregon
October 27th: MOAdventure at Pheasant Fields Farms
Don't forget to WALK + ROLL !! - 1st through 8th grade
The Medford School District and the Oregon Department of Transportation are sponsoring the Walk and Roll to School Days. Even though we are a virtual school, the district has opened the door for us to participate.
This event is for grades 1st to 8th. The purpose of the event is;
- Create healthy habits.
- Decrease vehicle congestion around schools.
- Promote safe walking, biking, and scootering practices.
- Get to know your neighborhood and routes to school.
For our school, for the week of October 10th , ride or walk around your block every day. Track the dates you ride or walk around your block. Email Sallie Johnson your dates to email@example.com.
Each Day you Walk or Roll around the block, you are entered into a raffle to win a prize.
Quick Tips for the Walking + Rolling:
- Dress for the weather. 1. Be visible.
- Cross at crosswalks. 2. Stop at stop signs
- Look Left - Right - Left 3. Wear a helmet
- Be Predictable. 4. Use hand signals.
Parent Workshop - Math - Grades 1st through 3rd
We are offering two sessions.
Session 1: 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Session 2: 5:30 p.m .to 6:30 p.m.
Please look to your email for the ZOOM link.
For more information, please contact the teacher, Ms. McCauley, at firstname.lastname@example.org
College Goal Oregon - 12th Graders
FAFSA is the application students will need to complete to receive federal grants, work-study, and loans for college. At this workshop, families will have the opportunity to complete this application with support. We will have Spanish-speaking sessions.
Dinner will be served at 5:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Child Care will be provided.
Please contact Cindy Dick, our school counselor, for more information at Cynthia.Dick@medford.k12.or.us
Save the Date for our October MOAdventure
- pick out their very own kid-size pumpkin from our pumpkin field
- enjoy a wagon hayride through the farm and learn about current crops and history of the farm
- learn about the farm animals in our animal display
- spend time zigzagging through the corn maze and play on lookout hill
- enjoy a cup of cold apple cider under our beautiful walnut trees
MOA will cover the cost for MOA students only. Parents and additional folks will need to pay for their entrance. Children 2 years of age and under are free. All others will be $7.50.
MOA School Contacts
Student Services 541-842-3465
School Counselor 541-842-3263