CUSD Childcare Newsletter
Week of September 9th, 2019
Miss Mo, Village Childcare Lead
Please join me in congratulating our new LIT Members (Leaders In Training):
1st grade: Brodie Groves
2nd: Colter Bronaugh
3rd: Ryan Tidball
4th: Colin McGrath
5th: Madelyn Paat
Thank you everyone who filled out their application. We are both overwhelmed and thankful for the amount of kiddos who choose to apply! After careful deliberation, Brodie, Colter, Ryan, Colin, and Madelyn were hand selected by the staff because we believe in their ability to lead and assist both students and staff members. Congratulations!
Please Note: New LIT members are selected every two months. Nov. 4th will be the start of a new rotation of LIT Members. Everyone can get the opportunity!
In Other News:
- New year/New Direction: ALL students will have Homework Time together before Snack Time and Outside Play Time. Staff are here to help assist students whenever they have questions. However the completion of their Homework is solely the kiddos’ responsibility. Some kiddos are welcome to stay in longer after snack time if they wish to have more time to complete their own homework.
- Puzzle Donation! Have any unused puzzles? Good news! You can donate them! If you have any puzzles you would love to donate to help the program, we would LOVE that! Please be sure all the pieces are in the set before donating. Thank you!
- Dried up Markers? Bring them to Child Care! We are proud to partner with Crayola ColorCycle this year and will happily be accepting your used markers all year long. For more information on this exceptional program, click on the Crayola Icon below.
Lastly, welcome back to school! We are so excited to have all the returning kiddos as well as some new faces joining our program! We look forward to having a wonderful year together!
- We have a lot of families that are dropping their children off without prior approval from the department in both the before and aftercare sessions. PLEASE NOTE: This is not allowed and as our policy states you will be charged $10 per child when this occurs. You can review our drop-in process below and remember that we have strict ratios we must adhere to. Thank you for your understanding.
YOU MAY NOT DROP-IN WITHOUT PROPER NOTIFICATION OR WITHOUT AN ACTIVE PROCARE ACCOUNT AND EMERGENCY FORM ON FILE. Please refer to online registration instructions below.
If your request is for the same school day, you MUST contact Tracy between the hours of 8am-12pm at (619) 522-6087. In an emergency situation past 12pm, you may call or text the Childcare line at (619) 972-5561.
- TK After Care at ECDC is FULL but we will be processing a wait list and will inform you when room is available
- Before Care at ECDC is FULL but we will be processing a wait list and will inform you when room is available.
- Due to lack of enrollment, Silver Strand will not be offering TK After Care unless more interest is shown
Computerized Check-In and Check Out
- If you are returning to the program, you may continue using the codes from last year.
- New families will need to plan a few extra minutes at drop-off and pick-up to receive a registration code and create a numeric username and password.
- Codes must be 4-8 digits, username and passcode must be different from each other and cannot be repeated or in sequence numbers.
- It is up to you who you share this code with and can ask that each person responsible for your child has their unique code.
Automated Payment Application
We wanted to extend an invitation to sign up for automatic payments through Tuition Express. Please click on the Tuition Express Icon to download the application and scan/email it back or hand it in to our office.
Payments are generally drafted on or around the 1st of every month. Any change to this will be noted.
If you currently have a Tuition Express Account on file with us, you will need to fill out a new application or provide us with permission to continue using your current form of payment.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not be automatically re-enrolled in automatic payments without consent or a new form. Thank you!
Instructions for Registration
Parents enrolling or re-registering for child care must complete a 2-step application process. Once registration is complete, you will receive an email from our department with start date and can verify your schedule by logging in to your Procare account and following these instructions. Please allow 24-48 hours for processing.
Step 1. Register in MyProcare
- New Child Care Registration (for families brand new to Child Care)
- Returning Child Care Re-Registration (for families currently registered for Child Care)
Step 2. Review & Submit Required Document
Text messaging in 2019-2020
- "Cell" is selected as phone type
- Your number is accurate
- Your cell carrier is selected
You can update this information anytime by logging in to your account! We appreciate your help in ensuring our program continues to improve for your family and ours!!!
Frequently asked questions:
When will I be contacted about my before/aftercare needs?
Once you have registered and completed the Emergency Form, you will be contacted by our department with a start date. PLEASE DO NOT DROP YOUR CHILD OFF WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORIZATION.
What is the payment schedule and can I cancel anytime?
You will be billed in 10 equal payments, with one divided in half between August and June. You can change or cancel your childcare services at anytime but these requests must be submitted before the 1st of the month or with at least 48 hours notice before the change.
Why can't I add new siblings to my account when I re-register my existing child?
All siblings need to be added by the site administrator. Please email their names and birth dates directly to the email above and then you will be notified when you can log in to complete registration.
I need to change my contact information. Can I make changes?
You can change your personal information at anytime however, spouse or emergency contact info can only be changed by the site administrator. Please email us above.
Before School Activities
We offer care starting at 6:30 a.m. where students can quietly study or read, join a morning activity or catch up with friends. Care is located in Village Hall for Village elementary students, in the Childcare "A" Room at ECDC for TK and Kindergartners, and in the Child Care room at Silver Strand. Upon arrival, parents are required to check in their child/children through our system. Breakfast is not available through the District, but children may bring their own. At 8:00 a.m., we escort the children to their respective playgrounds to line up for school.
After School Activities
Afternoon Child Care, at all sights, begins once school is let out and students are led from their classrooms to begin the check-in process and then participate in a variety of daily indoor and outdoor activities. Each day we will offer an array of activities for the enjoyment of the children along with an afternoon snack. We also offer a homework club on Mondays - Thursdays at Village Elementary. Care is available until 6pm at all Village sites and 5:30pm at Silver Strand.
Parent Pick Up
All children must be checked out in our system when they are picked up NO LATER THAN 6pm at Village and 5:30pm at Silver Strand. For the students at Village, checking out is done through Village Hall located on H Avenue. At ECDC and Silver Stand, parents will check out students at the Child Care classroom. If you are going to have someone else pick up your child that is not on the Emergency Contact List or Authorized Contact List, please email the Director with 24-hour notice. The children will not be allowed to leave Child Care without your prior permission! Please remind people picking up to bring a photo ID.
CUSD Preschool & Childcare Department
Emergency Cell: (619) 972-5561
Village: (619) 522-8915 ext. 5884
ECDC: (619) 522-6087
Silver Strand: (619) 522-8934 ext. 4081