Berrien Springs Band News
July 2, 2018
Parade Rehearsal Tomorrow (Tuesday)!
Any band student (middle or high school) and alumni member is welcome to march with us on Wednesday, July 4th. If you missed last week's rehearsal - don't worry! - you can still join us tomorrow. We will rehearse in the high school band room from 6:30pm-7:30pm.
We will perform "Grand Old Flag" this year. Music can be found here. Feel free to find and print your part. I will have small copies available at the rehearsals if you would like to use flip folios.
We have instruments and flags available to check out and use. Please email me at email@example.com if you need to borrow one.
Even if you haven't played an instrument or spun a flag in a long time, we would like you to be a part of our event. I am always happy to rewrite music to make it easier/more manageable for you.
Please consider joining us for this parade. We would love to see a large turnout of current and former students.
Picture taken mid-discussion about cadences.
Alto Saxes & Mellophones
Sectional time is goin' fine!
Bethany and Billie taking a break.
4th of July Parade
Wednesday, July 4th, 4pm
468 West Ferry Street
Berrien Springs, MI
3:30 - Call time at August Pohl Parking Lot
4:00 - Parade
4:30 - Approximate end at Wolf's Prairie, get on school-provided bus and transported back to Berrien Springs HS.
Wear RED, WHITE, & BLUE! Feel free to decorate your instrument!
Trouble on the High Seas Rehearsals Begin Next Week!
Band Camp (July 23-27) Reminders
1. Please adhere to our school dress code guidelines.
a. No spaghetti straps or thin tank top straps.
b. No undergarments can be visible.
c. Shorts need to be fingertip length or longer, as deemed appropriate.
d. Shirts need to be of a conservative length and style.
*Students may be asked to call home for alternate clothing if their band camp attire is deemed inappropriate for this school event.
2. Wear SOCKS and ATHLETIC SHOES every day. No boots. No flip flops. No sandals. No slides. This is an athletic activity and improper footwear can cause serious injury.
3. BRING SUNSCREEN. WEAR SUNSCREEN. LOVE SUNSCREEN. Also, bring a hat and sunglasses.
4. Eat a nutritious breakfast every morning. We do provide snacks, lunch, and water/gatorade throughout the rehearsals, but students who do not eat in the morning have a higher likelihood of weakness and dizziness during the morning rehearsals.
5. All students need to have a medical form filled out and on file with the band boosters. A copy of the form can be found on page 12 of the band handbook.
6. Band fee for the 2018 season is $80. Please pay on or before Monday, July 23rd.
7. Students will need to have khaki or tan shorts/capri's/pants for the final performance on Friday, July 27th. We will provide the t-shirt.
8. SPIRIT DAYS! Start planning with your section!
Monday - SHAMROCK PRIDE DAY: Dress head to toe in green and white!
Tuesday - NEON DAY: Rival the brightness of the sun with your NEON-tastic clothes!
Wednesday - PAJAMA DAY: Roll out of bed and get to camp! (Be appropriate with your clothing choices).
Thursday - TWIN DAY: Dress up with a buddy - or as a section!
Friday - TROUBLE ON THE HIGH SEAS DAY: Dress and talk like a pirate - ARR MATEY!.