News and Notes
~ Hand Middle School Media Center ~
New Books have arrived!!
Dr. Mack and the Richland One administration provided special funds to all media centers in the district, with the intent of improving the overall average age of the book collections in our schools. Among the new titles are
- biographies on sports stars, musicians, authors and historical figures
- fiction titles, including books by Muchamore, Patterson, Korman, Lowry and Shusterman.
- graphic novels and drawing books
- sports titles, including books about major sports teams, the Olympics, hunting and fishing.
- poetry books, Eyewitness books, history, almanacs, career books and more.
Ask your students what they are reading now. Don't be surprised if they tell you about the brand new book they just checked out of the library!
The Hand Media Center is a busy place. Our circulation is one of the highest in the district. Last school year, we circulated over 15,000 items and I expect to have similar numbers this year. Join the fun! Adopt-a-shelf in your library today!