THOMAS Parent-Teacher Conferences
Sign-Up information October 2021
Dear Thomas Middle School Community,
We are excited to share a virtual sign-up & conference platform called Meet The Teacher for our Parent-Teacher Conferences on Thursday, October 21 & Friday, October 22, 2021. Click this link for the Meet The Teacher platform that will be OPEN for parent scheduling starting on Monday, October 4, 2021, at 1:30 p.m. This platform provides for seamless conference sign-ups that allow parents to select which teachers they wish to meet with at TMS for 7-minutes. Again, this platform will open on Monday, October 4, 2021, at 1:30 p.m.
Here is some key information about our conferences:
- Conferences are held in person at Thomas Middle School in the teacher's classroom. The parent and child will move from classroom to classroom for the conferences.
- Middle school students are expected to attend conferences with their parent(s).
- Each conference is 7-minutes long.
- Conference times slots are booked in 10-minute increments, but conferences are only 7-minutes long to allow for 3 minutes of travel from classroom to classroom.
- A Parents' Guide for Booking Conferences is included below.
- An email confirmation will be sent upon sign-up completion and a reminder of the conferences will be sent the day before conferences.
- DOES EACH CHILD NEED A CONFERENCE? No, at the middle school level PowerSchool and Schoology offer great insights into a student's academic progress. As a result, not all students do not need a conference. If you are clear on your child's midterm progress and do not have any questions or concerns, we ask that you consider allowing other families to sign-up for conferences as conference slots are limited.
- Conference sign-ups are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please know that the TMS Teams are equipped to meet with parents any time a conference is requested throughout the school year. Please reach out to your child's Team Leader if you have any questions.
- Alpha - Arin Damico email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beta - Maureen McDermott email: email@example.com
- Delta - Kate Renno email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gamma - Jodi Cyr email: email@example.com
- Epsilon - Greg Stocco email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zeta - Anthony Kuch email: email@example.com
We value the home-school connection and look forward to meeting with parents and students.
~ Lori, Greg, & Nick