Mrs. Lamparter's Class
February 7th, 2014
I look forward to seeing you next Thursday for the Sweetheart luncheon. Remember to send in your valentines and container on Friday for our valentine exchange. Thank you Mrs. Wickerham for organizing our special valentine centers on Friday afternoon. You ROCK!!
- * Building sight word vocabulary- W.O.W. Study- our new words this week are: had, when, your, on, this
- * Knowing letter sounds and blending sounds together to make words
- * Focusing on reading words with a short vowel in the middle
- * Working on producing rhyming words
- * Counting, blending, and segmenting syllables
- * Learning to find the "evidence" in a text to support or explain the author's thinking
- * Focusing on a close read of "Penguins" to reinforce features of Non-fiction text and dig deeper into the text
- * Learning to write a persuasive or opinion story and phonetically spelling words to write a story
- * Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
- * Counting by fives, tens and ones to 100!!
- * Composing and decomposing numbers 11-19
- * Representing addition and subtraction with objects, mental images, drawings, expressions, and equations
- * Building combinations of 5
- * Recognizing and knowing the value of coins; penny, nickel, dime, quarter, and the dollar bill
- * Counting forward beginning from a given number in sequence
- * Writing numbers and counting sets to 20
- * 1-1 correspondence
- * Comparing sets- more, less, same
- * Using our Math tools- the rekenrek and number line
- * Working on problem solving skills
- * Using "number talks" to explain our math thinking
- * The Sweetheart Luncheon for our class will be on February 13th from 10:45- 11:10 a.m. Invitations came home last week. Please RSVP so the cafeteria will know how many to prepare for.
- * Bring in your valentine containers and valentines on Friday, February 14th for our valentine exchange.
- * Please sign up for parent/teacher conferences online: www.ptcfast.com/reg1. Your entry code is BUV119203
- * Please turn in the reading logs for the Six Flags Read to Succeed program by Friday, February 27th!