CHES FALCON FOCUS
December 18, 2015
From my family to yours...
END OF SEMESTER REMINDERS
- Power Down ALL electronics in your classroom before leaving.
- Clean classrooms of all first semester decorations and unnecessary "stuff" in preparation for January.
- Plan to review rules and procedures when returning January 5.
- Turn in to Treva Richardson before leaving December 18:
- Resubmit class schedules with an update date of January 5, 2015 so we are sure to have your most current schedule on file.
- Updated Professionalism Log using the current form
- Telephone logs for December (and November if you have not done so).
- The building will be open December 29th and 30th from 6:00-2:30 for anyone who would like to come in.
INCLIMATE WEATER POLICY
- Please review policy below.
- Please make certain you have a plan on file for every student in case of early dismissal.
- Update your substitute folders to include this information.
CHANGE IN BUS LOADING PROCEDURES
We will be loading buses in a different manner when students return to school in January. I am providing this information in advance to ensure you have the opportunity to update information and prepare your students.
We will continue to dismiss car riders when the bell rings at 3:15.
We will BEGIN bus loading with FOURTH AND FIFTH GRADE CLASSES.
- Fourth and Fifth grade classes will be dismissed by 3:25 or when all buses arrive at school. When 4th and 5th grade classes are dismissed to load buses, 2nd and 3rd grade classes will line up in their individual door ways and wait to be dismissed. When 4th and 5th grade classes clear the building, 2nd and 3rd grade classes will be dismissed to load buses.
- When 2nd and 3rd grade classes are dismissed to load buses, Kindergarten and first grade classes will line up in their individual door ways and wait to be dismissed. After 2nd and 3rd grade classes clear the building, K and 1st grade classes will be dismissed to load buses.
Classes should exit to the hallway in the order of their classrooms. Teacher should not have students standing in the hallways prior to being called for dismissal. This will notify us of when each grade level has cleared the building. Our goal in changing this process is to keep students calmer in their classrooms in an effort to improve bus behavior and safety and to expedite the process of bus loading by beginning with older students who load to the back of the bus.
Summary of process:
4-5 called to dismiss, 2-3 line up in their door ways
4-5 clear building, 2-3 called to dismiss, K-1 line up in their doorways
2-3 clear building, K-1 dismissed
Your assistance in following this process is greatly appreciated.
Mrs. Melanie Borske
Hometown: Lowell, Mass but I have lived in Clarksville since I was 4 years old.
Family: My husband, Mike Borske, my daughter, Michaela Borske, 3 dogs (Bo, Ginger, and Jack) and 1 cat (Pumpkin)My biggest fear is seeing a spider.
My favorite vacation was our trip to Europe where we went to Germany, Poland, and France. We went for our 20th wedding anniversary.
If I didn’t have to worry about money, I would stay at home and work on making jewelry and cards.
My husband and my mom make the laugh the most.
I listen to 107.9 and 107.5 in the car.