Bertram Family Connection
September 6th, 2021
- Monday, September 6th: No School - Labor Day Holiday
- Thursday, September 9th: Bulldog Bros at Parent Resource Center (See Below)
- Friday, September 10th: Fall Picture Day -CANCELLED Photographer asked to reschedule for December 1st
- Friday, Sepetember 10th: First Responders Day
- September 13th-17: Celebrate Freedom Week
- Friday, September 24th: End of the 1st 6 Weeks Grading Period
- Monday, September 27th: No School - Student Holiday/Teacher Workday
- Tuesday, October 5th: National Night Out hosted at Bertram Elementary 5:30-8:30 pm
- Monday, October 11th: Parent-Teacher Conferences
The BCISD 2021-2022 school calendar can be accessed here. Be sure to mark your calendars!
Car Rider Pro Tags
Car Tags help to speed up the car rider line by allowing all teachers on duty to see a list of cars in line. Car Tags also ensure that students are only picked up by authorized adults. Thank you for having your tag ready every afternoon.
Bulldog BROS meeting for Thursday - September 9th, 4:00 - 5:30!
Topic is Bullying and BRAVERY!
Please be patient with us as we work out the kinks and details of the first meeting. Due to CV-19, we haven't been allowed to meet since January of 2019! We are anxious to see our BROS meeting again!
BCISD wants to provide transportation for our BROS to get from Bertram, BMS, and RJR to the Parent Resource Center! BUT, you as a parent have to send a note stating the change in your child's after-school transportation.
Bertram - firstname.lastname@example.org
RJ Richey email@example.com
We are asking that you make these changes by noon on Wednesday, September 8th, so we have an accurate headcount.
With the possibility of new covid cases, we may have some unexpected staff shortages, and bus routes may be affected.
-- We will notify you if transportation opportunities change next week.
DIVA Dawgs start September 18th
Attached you will find our lesson topics and meeting dates for September through May of 2022.
This is a great opportunity for our 3rd -6th-grade girls to grow in Courage, Confidence, and Character as they give back to this community and the philanthropic cause that they vote on at the September meeting.
As we stress at our first meeting of the year, this program gives our young ladies a platform to perform community service projects and spread kindness in their families, our schools, community, and across the GREAT State of Texas.
Parents, be looking for a more detailed email pertaining to bus transportation next week.
Teachers & staff have shared a few of their favorite things. If you are looking to celebrate or appreciate your teacher click here. Staff are listed alphabetically by last name.
Grandparent's Day Event Rescheduled
FREE Adult GED & ESL Classes - Community Action’s Adult Education program for Burnet County
Please complete the Self Reporting Form to report a case of COVID-19 or orders to quarantine due to close contact from a medical professional. This form is for both students and campus visitors.
Transportation Changes Information
Our school is growing and it is important that everyone know and follow the transportation change process.
- If your child has a change in transportation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 1:30 pm. This includes daily changes and permanent changes. Please indicate in your email if the change is just for today or if it is for every day.
- At 1:30 pm, this email box is checked for a final time and all changes will be made.
- After 1:30 pm, we print the transportation lists for teachers and dismissal staff.
- No changes will be accepted after this time.
- If you have an emergency, you may call and speak to Mrs. Harris about the situation and we will work together to support your student.
- Voicemails, notes, text messages, phone calls, and emails to any other email address are not acceptable changes of transportation and will not be processed.
- We do not accept transportation changes from students. Parents and guardians must communicate any changes by using the email@example.com email address.
Drop Off and Campus Visitors
Starting Thursday, August 19th through September 18th, families and visitors will need to check in with their ID in the office starting at 7:25 am in order to walk to classrooms. Families and visitors will not be able to enter the classroom.
To ensure that all students are adequately supervised, teachers are not available for parent conferences at this time.
Once instruction begins at 7:40 am, families and visitors will not be permitted to walk to classrooms unless they have a prearranged meeting with a teacher or staff member.
Birthday Treats & Forgotten Lunches
Birthday celebrations are reserved for the last 15 minutes of the day. Please communicate with your child's teacher if you intend to send in treats. They will be able to let you know the specific time.
At this time, parents may not visit the classroom for birthday celebrations.
If your child forgets their lunch, you may drop it off at the office. If your child does not have a lunch at lunchtime, they will be served a free hot lunch.
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access to view your student's grades, attendance, progress reports, and report cards.
Complete an application for FREE or REDUCED priced lunch here. You can also add money to your child's lunch account by logging here.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:25am Office Opens
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:20pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes