Rebecah Florence per.2
1) How does water enter a plant and get to the leaves?
- enters through the roots
- travels up the stem
- enters the leaves
2) How does CO2 enter the leaf?
- It comes in as a gas through the stomata in the leaves.
- Most of the stomata are on the underneath of the leaves.
3) Where does photosynthesis occur in the plant?
- Photosynthesis takes place inside plant cells in small things called chloroplasts.
4) Why is sunlight important to the process of photosynthesis?
- The sunlight is absorbed by chlorophyll which converts it into energy for the plant to grow.
5) What is a waste product for the plant and how it is removed from the plant?
- The major waste product for the plant is oxygen which is released back into the
- These are tiny holes in the leaf of the plant.
6) What does the plant do with the sugar it makes?
- It uses the sugar to go through photosynthesis!
7) What are the final products of photosynthesis and how are they important to life on this planet?
- The final products of photosynthesis are glucose (sugar) and oxygen.
- The oxygen allows animals and other organisms to breathe and produce energy through cellular respiration.
- The sugar (food) is also used by other organisms to make energy.
- Both oxygen and glucose are ingredients in the process of cellular respiration, which all organisms undergo, to make energy.
Photosynthesis : How plants make food : Science Videos : Photosynthesis Animation for Kids