St Pius X Youth E-Date
October 17, 2019
Table of Contents
- NEW! Read the Gospel and get ready for the Coming Sunday
- Safe Environment Newsletter from DOR - How to Talk to Teens about Sexting
- NEW! Video of Parish Mission Night One: Something is Missing
- NEW! Video of Parish Mission Night Two: Experiencing the Holy Spirit
- CHANGE of DATE! Teen Leaders Meeting NEXT week Sunday Oct 27
- Please Pray for our NCYC Pilgrims!
- Hands of Christ Recognition for High School Seniors - Nominations Due 11/15
- Special All Saints Meeting for Youth at Holy Ghost Cemetery 11/3
- Sign Up Genius Link for Parents Volunteering with Youth Events and Retreats
- Service Opportunities - Children's Liturgy of the Word
- Save the Date to make Apple Pies for Veterans! Monday 11/11
- PDF of Sunday Youth Nite Schedule
3. SPX Parish Mission Night One - Something is Missing
4. SPX Parish Mission Night Two - Experiencing the Holy Spirit
5. St Pius X Teen Leadership Team
STILL TIME TO JOIN US - MEETING CHANGED TO SUNDAY, OCTOBER 27
Young people empowered to share, grow and lead! The Teen Leadership Team exists to learn leadership skills, put those skills to use by planning and running classes for children, plan events for parish teens, help write Youth Nite Sessions, retreats and serve in the community.
We will be meeting monthly on Sundays with occasional additional meetings as necessary (typically right before retreats):
New date: OCTOBER 27th, 8:30 am to 10:00 am
November 17, 8:30 AM to 10 AM
December 8, 8:30 AM to 10 AM
January 12, 8:30 AM to 10 AM
February 2, 8:30 AM to 10 AM
March 8, 8:30 AM to 10 AM
April 19, 8:30 AM to 10 AM
If you'd like some exciting opportunities to lead and grow email Barb Right Away!
6. Pray for our NCYC Pilgrims!
These 17 Pilgrims will be attending the National Catholic Youth Conference November 20-24 in Indianapolis IN. They have spent the past year planning and preparing spiritually as well as financially and on November 1st and 2nd they will spend 24 hours on Retreat with the Pilgrims from the Southeast Rochester Catholic Community. Please keep them in your thoughts & prayers!
7. The Hands of Christ Recognition for High School Seniors
The Hands of Christ is a recognition program from the Diocese of Rochester to assist parishes in affirming their high school seniors who have been the “Hands of Christ” in their church, home, school and community. Recognized seniors will receive a plaque from the Most Reverend Bishop Salvatore R. Matano at one of three special Recognition Ceremonies to be held in February 2019. This year St Pius Tenth Church is honored to host one of these Recognition Ceremonies.
The Criteria to receive this very special recognition: Is currently a high school senior * Has consistently demonstrated a Christian attitude by word and example * Has been actively involved in the parish as well as their school or community * Has been a positive role model to their peers, younger children and adults * Is a practicing Roman Catholic in a parish in the Diocese of Rochester and attends Mass.
The Nomination Process: Any one can nominate a HS Senior. If you’d like to nominate someone print out the form on the Hands of Christ page on the parish website: saintpiustenth.org and return it to Barb (email@example.com) by November 15th. The Parish Staff reviews all nominations and puts forward those nominated to the Diocese. Those who are selected will receive a letter from the Pastor & Youth Ministry Director inviting them to participate in the Diocesan Hands of Christ Ceremonies and in our Parish Celebration.
8. Special All Hallows Meeting at Holy Ghost Parish
Sunday, November 3rd 6:00-8:00 pm
Holy Ghost Parish Center (250 Coldwater Rd)
6:00 pm meet at Holy Ghost Parish Center with Holy Family & St Theodore’s Youth for welcome, discussion of cemetery etiquette, understand assignments, then we walk the cemetery, watch a skit (on death, grief & resurrection) in cemetery.
7:00 pm Go back to Parish Center for snacks & discussion on eternal life & saints.
8:00 pm meeting ends, parents pick up at Holy Ghost.
Things you need to know:
¨ CASE-Trained Parents are welcome and needed to walk with the group & are welcome to participate in the whole evening. Please email Barb to register.
¨ Bring a flashlight.
¨ Please dress for the weather. Parts of the meeting will be outdoors. If your parent is not present you need a permission slip (which you can get by emailing Barb).
10. Service Opportunities for Young People
Childrens Liturgy of the Word
Aides and Teachers needed to help at 10:30 AM Mass throughout the year. Teach 15-20 min (lesson provided) based on the Sundays' gospel. You can be an aide or teacher depending on age and experience. You would be scheduled 1x per month. Parents also welcome. Friends welcome. Training provided. Youth Case training required. Call Kathy Salvas 451-0418 for more info. PLEASE NOTE: the correct phone number is 451-0418, sorry for the error in last week's post!
11. Save the Date! Apple Pies for Veterans
Monday, November 11th 9:00—1:00 PM in the Parish Center. Make a pie and then deliver it to your favorite veteran or Chili VFW. Parents welcome!