All Things Blue
by Madison Anderson
eleven basic colors
- the color blue is the color of trust and responsibility. Blue is reliable and exhibits an inner security and confidence. It represents trust, honesty, & loyalty. Blue likes to do things its own way and avoid confrontation.
why did i choose this color?
- Blue is my favorite color because not only is it beautiful but it is a perfect color for any mood. Blue has so many different shades to it and the meaning behind the color describes traits that i have. It also looks good with red hair.
origin of the word blue
- In ancient culture, Europeans rooted in Central Asia & Eastern Europe used the word bhle to describe something that was light colored.
phrase using the word blue
- "out of the blue" means unexpected- According to some English scholars the idiom is a derivation of an old idiom "a bolt out of the blue" or “a bolt from the blue” which refers to a completely unexpected and surprising act, like a thunderbolt from a clear blue sky.
- "feeling blue" feeling sad or unhappy- If you are sad and describe yourself as "feeling blue," you are using a phrase coined from a custom among many old deepwater sailing ships. If the ship lost the captain or any of the officers during its voyage, she would fly blue flags and have a blue band painted along her entire hull when returning to home port.
Collage of blue things
Origin of blue