Broadway High School
Home of the Fighting Gobblers
April 1 and 2 -- Senior Graduation Delivery Dates, during Advisory
April 2 -- Senior HLA pick up time 2-4 pm
April 19 and 20 - Senior Cap and Gown Photos - by appointment
June 13 - 'Drive-In' Graduation 1:00 pm at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds
April 1 - Homecoming "Reverse Parade" on BHS grounds, 4-5 pm. We invite our community to 'drive through' and enjoy the school groups and their floats, see the Homecoming Court, collect some candy, and show your Gobbler spirit! Feel free to decorate your vehicle. All drive-through participants must remain in their vehicles.
Planning for college? Time to take the SAT’s if they are required at the schools you plan to apply to! Register here.
Student Virtual Learning Resources
Student Resources (https://www.rcps.net/students-28982896)PowerSchool
- Student & Parent PowerSchool Login: https://ps.rcps.net/public/home.html
- Schoology Help Center: https://support.schoology.com/hc/en-us/categories/200077723-General#section-header
- About your Chromebook: https://sites.google.com/rockingham.k12.va.us/cbusage/chromebook-tasks
- Chromebook Troubleshooting and Fixes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pzhcyoeftOq0ZkUd1QY7baxgK7npkDrMj-csCak1Ar8/view
- Device Support at Home: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfwsNBr9Glev0vGCylZl_XCw34iZOCVxYGT1DUL2I0IdB1D_A/viewform
- Zoom Login (log in here before clicking the teacher's link to confirm your RCPS account): http://rcps-net.zoom.us
- Using Zoom on a Chromebook (video): https://live.myvrspot.com/iframe?v=fZGUwNGQxYTM2MjM2NDdiN2RlNmUxYmY5NDJhOTBjZWU
- Zoom Directions for Students (text): https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1dhLKN8U6uQZjUTAsFPPmQ27TxW15BARX2Ed72FIpzoU/edit?usp=sharing
RCPS ZOOM EXPECTATIONS / DISCLAIMER
Students and staff are participating in remote learning experiences that utilize video conferencing for synchronous/live instruction. The use of video conferencing requires all students and staff to adhere to our division Acceptable Use Policy (IIBEA and IIBEA-R). Under these policies, students and staff are expected to participate in these learning experiences in a respectful manner, which includes respecting the rights to privacy for all participants of such video conferences. All parties need to respect the academic work and virtual classroom discussion of all students, staff, and teachers involved.
Some video conferences may be recorded and shared by teachers with students for later viewing. Further unauthorized sharing of recordings of another student or staff member’s voice or image without their consent is a violation of the Acceptable Use Policy, which may be subject to disciplinary action by your school administration and may require a report to the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office. Therefore, all student participants in and viewers of remote learning experiences agree that they will not save, record, share or post video, photos or audio recordings from such experiences.
By participating in the remote learning experience, which includes video conferencing, parents and students agree to being recorded by RCPS for educational purposes. Parents or students who have any concerns with the recording of their image and voice should speak to their school principal.
Lastly, the rules of the classroom and school building, and all RCPS policies, apply to the remote learning experience.