Tuesday, September 25,2012
- Career Details- Police officers arrest people who break the law or cite them. Most police officers patrol their jurisdictions and investigate any suspicious activity they notice. They also respond to calls, issue traffic tickets, investigate domestic issues, and give first aid to accident victims.
• Duties/Responsibilities -to keep the streets safe and to help every one in need. have to do everything right, finish the paper work.
• Average Hours/Working Schedule - scheduled to work full time,Paid overtime is common. junior officers frequently work weekends, holidays, and nights.
• Working location(s) -Some police officers chose to work off duty as security for restaurants, retail stores, and other establishments. drive around the streets they are assigned, in the police station doing paper work.
• Salary-$55,010 per year - $26.45 per hour
Ability to multi-task. have to finish paperwork and also answer calls
Communication skills. must be able to speak with people when gathering facts about a crime.
Good judgment. must be able to determine the best way to solve a problems quickly.
Leadership skills. must be comfortable leading people
Strength .must be in good physical shape both to pass required tests for entry into the field and to keep up with the daily rigors of the job.
Police and detective must have at least a high school education or GED and be a graduate of their agency’s training academy. Many agencies require some college coursework or a college degree. Applicants may have to pass physical exams of vision, hearing, strength, and agility as well as competitive written exam
Fourth largest program of its kind in the nations.
Offers criminal justice
a club that helps us with becoming a cop