SCHS Music Notes
November 18, 2019
As we move into Thanksgiving Week,
Thank You to everyone who has contributed to making our first trimester of 2019-20 such a huge success! While we're all tired and much looking forward to a restful week off, I can say with confidence that I'm looking forward to our first day back from break, when we get to do more amazing things.
Students, Good Luck (rather, Good Skill) in Finals Week! I wish you all a wonderful week off. May you rest, spend precious time with your families, and come back rejuvenated and ready to take on Trimester 2!
I am Thankful for You!
HUUUUUGE Shout out to our Silent Auction Committee Members & Volunteers
Ladies, I could not begin to articulate just how much I (and the students) appreciate your dedication to our program! We would be lost without you!
THANK YOU, Heather Gertzki, Nora George, Alicia Breton, Melissa Conrey, Julita Cummings, Audra Dorazio, Ulrika Lerner, Allison Paul, Anne-Marie Sweeney, Nicole Tappin, and Susan Wong!
Please Only ADD Information (do not change anyone else's sign up).
Sage Creek Foundation Arts Liaison NEEDED!
Now that the year is underway, we can begin to prepare for an eventful season in Theatre, Music, Dance, Photography, 3D Design, Arts 1, 2, 3 and AP Art History.
With our concerts, performances, visual arts shows and community outreach, we are looking for a few parents to help support us alongside the Sage Creek Foundation. Our hope is for these parent leaders to meet with teachers and members of the Foundation once a month.
We are looking for any parent with experience in organizing, event planning, decorating, fundraising and leadership. We are requesting about 4 hours of your time a month with any of these roles and can discuss VAPA parent support committee groups in greater detail in December when the committee is formed. These parents would act as Arts Liaisons for the Sage Creek Foundation and our VAPA team.
FYI: While committee members don't all have to be music parents, it would be great to have music represented. We will be diving into the Festival of the Arts very soon!
Please let me know if you are interested!
MCCSO Winter Concert
Take a few Sleigh Rides with the symphony, open The Twelve Gifts, Celebrate a Mira Costa Christmas and hear Rutter's Gloria.
It Sells out Fast! Buy Your Tickets Today!
Carols of Carlsbad
SCHS Annual Winter Concert & Silent Auction!
See Flyer & Auction Teaser Below!
This Week's Featured Auction Packages!
Silent Auction Teaser!
Trombone Christmas!!! Saturday, December 13
The Anaheim event will be on Saturday, December 14, 2019
The All Western Trombone Christmas Concert is given to promote and encourage the fellowship and musicianship of slide trombone players through the performance of Christmas music. Thanks to all who participated last year, it was a great success! Be sure to tell your friends and join us for this year's Trombone Christmas.
To register for the Anaheim event click below...
Looking to Help?
Your Donations Are Important!
At this point, we have funds for sheet music, some minor repairs and not much else.
From your Donations, students will benefit from the following:
- Coaching (more individualized instruction on their instrument)
- Transportation and Fees for Music Festivals, Professional Performances, & Events
- Master Classes
- Instrument Purchases & Repairs
- Sheet Music Purchases
- Awards Banquets
- Fun Music Excursions & Experiences
Here's how you can help!
- Monetary Donation ($60 per trimester is recommended)
- Instrument or Equipment Donation
- Amazon Wishlist Item Donation
- Volunteering for Music Events (ticket sales, student supervision, concessions, etc.)
- Joining the Music Guild (survey linked below)
- Attending Parent Meetings (see Google Calendars)
- Creating a home environment that promotes practicing at home.
* You will likely need to "register" your account, as our ASB is using new software this year.
Stay Up To Date!
Calendar Updates & Changes to Note:
- ADDED (tentatively): Barnes & Noble 3rd day of Gift Wrapping Fundraiser (Friday, December 20th). This would be in addition to our two days that Saturday and Sunday.
- ADDED: Carols of Carlsbad: Saturday, December 7th (more details coming soon)
Subscribe to our Calendars!
Sign Up for the Gift Wrapping Fundraiser!
This is a great (and fun) fundraiser, where the kids get to bond and represent SCHS music out in the community.
Please click the button below to look at job descriptions (*note our certified wrappers), and SIGN UP to commit to a shift.