The Rigsby Reader 11.10.14
Updates from Room 311
VolunteersWe are to the point in the year- where a few extra hands would be helpful! You could come in a certain time every week, or an hour here or there. You could also send me a note/email and I can send cutting/assembling work home to you.
- Sit with students during Math (10-11am) or Roots and Wings (1:35-2:20) and drill them with Multiplication Flashcards!
- Come do some fluency reading drills with students! Every day from 8:10-10am. All the materials and folders are ready for you to come and time students as they week.
- Copy Room Hero- no desire to be near children? Come make homework packets, or copy reading passages!
- Yoga balls (You know it's just sitting in your garage...)
- 8 1/2 x 11 Cardstock (Extra Thick paper)
- Colored Copy Paper
- Kids Magazines (Sports Illustrated, National Geographic?)
Library Hunt: We are looking for copies of these books for our book series library. If you are cleaning off your library shelves- or happen upon them in a goodwill :)
- "The Throne of Fire"- The Red Pyramid #2
- Emily Windsnap #2
- Series of Unfortunate Events # 11
- Pendragon #5
- Amelia Bedilia
- Invisible Inc. #2
What We Are Learning
- Flexible Math Groups: 2x2 Multiplication
- Reading: Daily 5 Restart!
- Science: 1st Quarter: Animal Adaptation Live Binder Biome Project
- Writing: Working on our Narrative Story
Dates to Remember:
- November 11th: No School / Veterans Day
- November 12th: Make-up Photo Day
- November 13th: Spirit Night @ Ben's Tune Up- % of Sales go to Claxton!
Finding Mrs. Rigsby
If your child has a change in how they are going home- please send a note with your child or call the classroom and leave a message. I try to check my email often- but once I'm teaching I don't stop! Please let me know how I can help your student be successful.