Big Lake Elementary Newsletter
AUGUST 17, 2017
WELCOME TO BIG LAKE ELEMENTARY!
A NOTE FROM MRS. REINTSMA
SCHOOL INFO FOR YOU
NEWSLETTER & ELECTRONIC SIGN
Upcoming events/dates will also be posted on the electronic sign at the entrance to the school.
PARKING LOT ENTRANCE/EXIT
Please watch for children when entering and exiting the parking lot. The speed is 5 MPH. Please drop your students at the curb by the yellow arch. When picking up your student from school, please park and come in.
The parking lot is one way, enter and drive in the lane closest to the building, drive around the end, and exit by the electronic sign.
Please drive slowly and watch out for our students.
FIELD DAY, FRIDAY, AUGUST 18
2017/2018 SCHOOL CALENDAR
The following dates are NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS:
Friday, August 25
Friday, September 1
Monday, September 4
AUGUST LUNCH MENU
NOW'S THE TIME TO JOIN BAND & CHOIR
Band is offered during the school day for 4th & 5th graders, if your student is interested stop by the music room to pick up an info packet. Students need to have all their equipment and supplies before September so don't delay! There are some instruments available to rent.
Choir is offered before school Wednesday and Thursday 8:30am-9:00am for 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders and starts August 23rd. Stop by the music room to pick up a permission slip today!
Fees for band and choir can be paid with debit or credit online at schoolcashonline.com or with cash or check at the school office.
MEETINGS & EVENTS
- Please join us at our next meeting 9-6-17 @ 4PM in the library. Come make a difference at your child's school...We need you!
- Open board positions: President, Vice President, and Treasurer
- We will have a membership drive in September so be on the lookout for your student to bring information home.
Exciting upcoming Events!
- Fall Festival 10-27-17. Volunteers are needed now. Contact Maria Abada 315-0115
- Trunk or Treat 10-31-17. Business sponsors and volunteers needed to decorate a vehicle trunk and pass out treats. This event is held at the Big Lake Lions Recreation Center. Contact Taleen Lundale 351-6966