PINE HOLLOW MIDDLE SCHOOL
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Dear Pine Hollow Parents,
As the first quarter winds down, I want to encourage you to log into HomeLink and check your child's attendance, grade percentages, and assignment logs. Talk to your child about the red flags you are seeing, and please reach out to their teachers about questions and concerns you have. Also, encourage your child to talk to their teacher, turn in missing assignments, and ask for help. The quarter grade reports can be a good reason to have a "reset" with your child if they have fallen behind or gotten off track. Just as important, or perhaps more so, is to reward them and congratulate them for progress, hard work, and success!
This quarter our teachers are working hard to support students by chunking bigger projects into smaller assignments, limiting homework to critical areas of focus, checking for understanding often in class, using visuals and other tools to help students understand difficult concepts, and increasing the use of collaborative work so that students can learn from, and support, their peers. I see teachers using these techniques daily in our classrooms, and all of our students are benefiting from these efforts. That said, if your child is struggling, please reach out to your teachers, and encourage your child to do the same. Thanks and have a great rest of your week!
Principal, Pine Hollow Middle School
(925) 672-5444 x5500
- Here's what we discussed at last week's PTSA event "Coffee with Campo."
- Here's what we discussed at the September PTSA meeting:
-- Pine Hollow MS Budget
-- PTSA Fundraising / Finances
-- Chili Challenge / Halloween Party
-- Communication and Community Building
-- Membership Drive
-- Coffee with Campo
- Here's where you can get info about the upcoming PTSA meeting dates, membership, board slate, and planned events.
Pine Hollow Website
Site Council Update
Here are the steps to set up a weekly progress report to be emailed to you about your child's grades, etc. From a web browser...
- Click on your email address on the top right corner
- Click on parent notification preferences
- Check the box to receive weekly progress email
- Select the day and time you want to receive the report
- Click save
Individual student score reports from the 2017-18 administration of the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) were mailed home the week of September 10. If you did not receive your student's report, call Linda Savre at 682-8000 x4135. Resources for parents are also available on the district website at: http://www.mdusd.org/caasppresources
Upcoming Key Dates
- October 8: Soccer Game #3 (3:30pm at PHMS)
- October 12: End Quarter One
- October 19: Q1 Report Cards Distributed
- October 26: Halloween Party
- October 26: Chili Challenge
- October 26: Special PTSA Meeting
- October 31: Halloween Dress Up Day