Improve Your Overall Health
Are you Ready for the Challenge?
Research Study Begins on Monday
I am so excited that you are committed to improving your overall health. Research shows that most cardiac events can be prevented if women make small, yet life-saving choices for their hearts.
On Monday, November 11th, 2013, we will be meeting together at 10:00 a.m. in Cook 112.
- You will view the Tell A Friend about Women and Heart Disease slides in a group setting.
- You will receive the Living Guidelines for Women: What You Need to Know handout.
- The American Heart Association's BetterU books will be distributed. The book contains one lesson for each or the twelve weeks.
- The study team will take your blood pressure. You will have your height and weight measured.
- Your heart age and your risk for developing heart disease in the next 10 years will be calculated.
Everyone that agrees to take part in this study, will attend four one-hour meetings (November 11th, December 9th, January 6th, and February 3rd). You will receive weekly emails and other helpful handouts.
If you choose to be in the study, a Consent for Participation in a Research Study form needs to be signed. I will be contacting those women who have not signed the form over the course of the next two days to get those signed. Remember, you are free to change your mind and stop participating for any time and for any reason. You have the right to say "No".
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to measure your risk of developing cardiovascular disease in the next ten years and to see if a 12-week community-based program will have an impact on your health.
Please be sure and contact me if you have any questions. Otherwise, I will see you on Monday.
Be blessed, Deborah