News from Room 4
April 7, 2017
What we will be learning/doing after the break:
* Language Arts Unit 5: Week 3- There are many kinds of weather.
- Vocabulary: forecast, conditions. extreme, tranquil, commotion, predict, breeze
- Grammar/Mechanics: synonyms and antonyms
- Phonics: noisy "r" spelled or.
- Spelling Words: born, cork, horn, corn, fork, pork, thorn, sport, barn, arm, know, great
- Skill: Venn Diagram: compare and contrast
-Remember to READ over the break!!
-Sign up HERE to bring a snack for the Bunny Brunch on Thursday, April 27th at 9:30. Your child may dress up in bunny ears or bring in a bunny stuffed animal or toy to help us celebrate my favorite animal, a bunny! I'll read a bunny book while we enjoy bunny snacks in the garden. Please send in a blanket or towel for your child to sit on. This is a child event only. Thanks!
-Monday after the break an adjective project will be sent home. Please place any object in the brown paper bag provided and help your child write 5 adjectives on the outside describing the inside object. Students will guess what is inside the bag using the adjective clues.
Getting ready for open house...
Over the past 3 weeks we studied 4 famous artist, wrote about them and made art that was inspired by them.
We are starting to write our opinions and had a taste test of 4 different types of candy to show the different opinions in the class. Last night parents tried to guess their child's favorite candy. Thanks!
Happy Birthday Odin!
April 10th-14th: Spring Break
April 27th - Bunny Brunch
April 28th - Book Club
May 12th at 9:00: First Grade Performance in the FAB