The Warwick Weekly
Respect - Responsibility - Cooperation - Excellence
Thursday, March 26, 2015
Coming Home Today:
Portfolios for Grades 2-6 - Please return to school on Monday
Iron Pigs Baseball Game Family Fun Flyer
PSSA Code of Conduct, Gr. 3-6
Rocking the Reading Olympics!
Portfolio Conference Information
Portfolio Conferences are scheduled for Thursday, April 2nd. As always, conferences can be held about one week before and one week after this date. Please work with your child's teacher to schedule this valuable, reflective, and celebratory time.
The parent portal opens on Wednesday April 1st for your review.
Grades 2-6 will be sending portfolios home:
- We plan to send home portfolios for preview on Thursday, March 26th. We ask that they be returned on Monday, March 30th so teachers can finalize preparations for the conferences.
- We will not assign homework on these nights so families can spend a few nights reviewing, reflecting, and celebrating the contents of the portfolio.
Grade K will hold an in-school preview (TBD - teachers will notify classes of specifics)
Grade 1 will hold an in-school preview (TBD - teachers will notify classes of specifics)
PSSA Timing: Please note.
All testing sessions occur in the morning.
PSSA Elementary Language Arts (Grades 3-6)
Tuesday, April 14th-Friday, April 17th
PSSA Math (Grades 3-6)
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - Thursday, April 23, 2015
PSSA Science (Grade 4)
Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - Wednesday, April 29, 2015
For more information go to CBSD.org - Curriculum - Assessment
Please refrain from taking your children out of school during ANY of these days/times. Make-ups are challenging for the student as they take the assessment outside of their regular learning environment.
Author, Pam Munoz Ryan's visit with our 6th Grade!
Parent/Child 4th Grade Book Club
After School Club, Boys, Books & Brain Food!
Special Program Opportunities
Yearbook Preparations Are Underway!
If you have any pictures from school events this school year, and would like to share them for this year's yearbook, please email pictures to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can submit on a flash drive, labeled yearbook and your name, that will be returned.
Special thanks to Mrs. Albor and Mrs. Schnapf for their dedication and hard work in developing this year's yearbook. It's quite an undertaking!!!
PTO Executive Board Positions
Our nominating committee will be looking for individuals who would like to represent the school in one of the board positions. This is a two year commitment, starting with the 2015/2016 school year. If you have an interest please contact one of the following members: Mr. Chad Watters, Mrs. Jodi Curry, or Mrs. Jen Miller.
All nominations need to be selected by April 15, 2015.
- Choir Practice, Gr. 5 & 6, 8:00
- Grade 2-6 Portfolios go home today
- Hello Languages, 4:00, Rm. 23 & 24
- Musical Performances, Gr. 1 @ 6:30, Gr. 4 @ 7:30
- Spirit Day, Wear Flyers Gear/Orange and Black
- Band Practice, Gym, 8:15
- PEN, Grade 3, Ancient Cultures Day, 2:15-3:40
- Portfolios returned today, Grades 2-6
- Verification reports returned to 6th grade teachers today
- Just Run, 4:00
- No Kindergarten Classes/Conferences
- Early Dismissal @ 12:25, No K Classes/Conferences
- School Holiday
- School Holiday
- School Resumes for Grades 1 - 6, No Kindergarten, Conferences
- Choir Practice, 8:00, Room 20
- Hello Languages, 4:00-5:00, Room 23 & 24
April 10 Sweetheart Dance, 7:00-10:00, Gym
- School Dentals, 9:30, Nurse's Office
District Facebook Page
Follow us on the Web
Warwick Elementary School
1340 Almshouse Road
Jamison, PA 18929