by Philippa Begg
- 2 medium bananas mashed
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees C. Grease 18 muffin cups, or line with patty cups.
- Mix together mashed bananas, egg, water, and oil in a large bowl. Mix in flour and baking soda until mostly smooth (you will still see lumps from the banana, but that's okay!). Gently fold the raspberries into the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 15 minutes. Remove muffins from tins, and cool on a wire rack.
Other things that you can make:
Want to know more? Head to these websites...
"Berry Banana Protein Cake." Natvia. Web. 1 Jan. <http://www.sweeterlifeclub.com/recipes/berry-banana-protein-cake/>.
"Diabetes Facts ." Dibetes Australia Vic. Web. 1 Jan. 2013. <http://www.diabetesvic.org.au/media-centre/diabetes-faqs#What_is_the_type_1_diabetes>.
"Diabetes Information." Healthy-ojas . Web. 1 Jan. <http://healthy-ojas.com/diabetes/diabetes-details.html>.
" No-sugar added banana blueberry wholemeal muffins." All Recipes Australia . Web. 1 Jan. <http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/9698/no-sugar-added-banana-blueberry-wholemeal-muffins.aspx>.