Oakland ACE Update
January 13, 2023
January 13th-Final Day to register or change Winter 2023 OCC Classes
January 16th-OCC Closed and No Seminar
February 27-March 4-OCC Winter Break College is Open but no classes
March 6-7-Priority Registration Deadline for ACE students for Summer 2023
March 24-Priority Registration Deadline for ACE students for Fall 2023
May 1-OCC Winter 2023 Classes End
See full list of dates below:
Winter 2023 is Underway!
Oakland ACE Staff were excited to see students return to classes and Seminar this week! We want to celebrate Fall 2022 accomplishments of each cohort:
13th Grade: Average Fall 2022 GPA of 3.47-highest in the history of the program
12th Grade: Average Fall 2022 GPA of 3.10
11th Grade: Average Fall 2022 GPA of 3.45-tied for highest 11th grade GPA in history of program
The State of Michigan average GPA for Early Middle College programs is 2.9: way to go Oakland ACE!!!
During Fall 2022 Individual Conferences many students reflected on their progress toward personal goals they set for themselves. Our staff is pleased that student learning is reflected not only in their GPA's but also in the life lessons learned as they worked toward their personal goals.
- Financial Aid Deadline January 19: Students use what we call "financial aid" to purchase textbooks and required class materials. The deadline to use financial aid is January 19th. Some students are taking classes where the professor has not posted the textbook or materials list. If this is the case email your professor and try to obtain the information so you can use financial aid before January 19th. If you are not able to get the information in time to use financial aid work with Mrs. Mason so she can help you get the materials you need.
- Online textbooks do not need to be returned.
- If you have a rental books that needs to be returned do not return to the bookstore; return rental books to Mrs. DeYoung in Seminar.
- Any calculators please return to Mrs. DeYoung in Seminar. If you need to purchase supplies that are not available in the OCC bookstore and the professor requires you to obtain material you have two options:
- Contact Mrs. Mason and let her know what you need so she can get you the materials OR
- Purchase the materials and submit an original receipt for reimbursement to Mrs. Mason.
Rachel DeYoung Early College Student Support Coordinator 248-209-2420
Kimberly Mason Project/Department Assistant 248-209-2025
Christy Turk Early College Student Support and VLAC Staff Member