The Week Ahead
November 15th - November 19th, 2021
ORDER SPIRIT WEAR ANYTIME! SEE BELOW
Monday, November 15th, 2021 (Day 2)
Tuesday, November 16th, 2021 (Day 3)
- Parent Council Meeting (5:30 pm - Virtual)
Wednesday, November 17th, 2021 (Day 4)
Thursday, November 18th, 2021 (Day 5)
Friday, November 19th, 2021 (Day 1)
- Progress Reports Sent Home
Upcoming Important Dates:
November - Indigenous Education Month
November - Hindu Heritage Month
November 22nd-26th: Bullying Prevention & Awareness Week
November 25th - Grades 1/2/3 & 3/4/5 to Gould Lake
November 26th - Pink Shirt Day
December 10th - Jingle Bell Walk
Message From the Principal
Earlier this year, our school began a small environmental project to help keep writing tools out of landfills. Each room in the school now has a container for collecting old pens, markers, highlighters etc. These items are then sent off to our local Staples where they get recycled.
In December Mrs. Boyce’s and Mrs. Bailey’s class will partner with our local Earthub organization to start an environmental project that also has a community caring connection. The class will be collecting milk bags which will be washed and flattened and then reused to weave into sleeping mats for the homeless. Milk tags and plastic bottle caps can also be sent in as Earthub collects these and repurposes them as well. So, start saving those outer milk bags and tags to support their project!
Have a great week!
NEW FUNDRAISER - FLIPGIVE!
Our new fundraiser starts this week through FlipGive. Our school earns cash back on every purchase we make using FlipGive, all year long! All you have to do is shop anytime with the brands you already love, like Home Depot, Walmart, Sport Chek, Indigo, Old Navy, Apple, Esso, and Loblaws. No more going door-to-door selling chocolate bars - it’s completely virtual and contactless. You can even order Gift Cards!
Join our team now and you’ll get a $5 bonus the first time you shop: https://flipgive.app.link/teams/join?joincode=KGGCMG
Or enter this code: KGGCMG
Once you've signed up, make sure to select "support the team" when asked. Any questions, just ask!
Want to learn more? Check out this 2 minute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vTO_Qg4n80
Siblings at School with COVID Symptoms
Also, whenever you've kept a student home because they have COVID symptoms (fever and/or chills, cough, shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, loss of taste or smell) siblings should not attend school until you've received a negative test for the symptomatic child.
School Day - Online Permissions and Payments
Possible Employment - Paid Yard Supervision
COVID SCREENING & STUDENT SYMPTOMS AT SCHOOL
SAFE ARRIVAL ATTENDANCE SYSTEM
How to report a student absence using SafeArrival
There are three ways you can report your student’s absence in advance:
1. Using your mobile device, download and install the SchoolMessenger blue app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store or from School Messenger website or you can select it from within the LDSB mobile app. The first time you use the app, select Sign Up to create your account. Make sure you use the same email address your child’s school has on file. If you do not use that same email address, you will not be able to create an account. You may have already created an account when we introduced the Communicate broadcast system. Select Attendance, then Report an Absence.
2. Use the School Messenger website. The first time you use the website, select Sign Up to create your account. Please ensure you use the same email address your student’s school has on file. If you do not use that same email address, you will not be able to create an account. You may have already created an account when we introduced the Communicate broadcast system. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
3. Call 1-855-257-9349 toll-free to report an absence using the automated phone system.
***Please do not call the school directly to report your student's absence***