The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
December 17th, 2017
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
Wow! It is hard to believe that this coming week is our final week of 2017. It has been a great first part of the school year! Thank you to the PTO for supporting our PATTERNS assembly and program on December 8th. The students had a great time and appreciate the incentives. I wish you a wonderful week ahead.
- WINTER CONCERT SEASON: Our Winter Concert Series continues this week! Our first two concerts were INCREDIBLE! Your children are truly talented. Join us this week for our third concert...
Wednesday, December 20th - Choral Concert @ SBHS - 7pm
- REPORT CARDS: On TUESDAY, DECEMBER 19th all reports cards will be posted to the Parent Portal of Genesis. Parents will receive an automated email around 3:00pm to alert you that everything has in fact been posted to Genesis. The electronic document will stand as the official record, as hard copies will not be mailed this year. So, be sure to print a copy to hang on the refrigerator! :)
- EARLY RELEASE on FRIDAY: Please remember that this coming Friday is an Early Release Day and no students will be staying after school.
- ATTENDANCE REMINDERS: Daily attendance in school is a critical factor in the success of your child. Please do your best to minimize the number of days your child is absent from school or is taken out early for appointments. Should your child exceed the number of acceptable days absent as determined by NJ State Law, you will receive a letter from the school.
- IMPORTANT BUS NOTE: Please remember that students are only permitted to ride his/her regular bus home. You cannot go home on another bus. Our busses are full and any additional students has left others without a seat and in a potentially dangerous situation. If your child wishes to go home with another student, you must coordinate either a parent pickup at the school or a parent pickup at your house. **Bus passes can be checked for boarding.** Thank you for your understanding.
- 12/18 - BOE Meeting 7pm
- 12/20 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES #3: CHOIR @ SBHS 7pm
- 12/22 - EARLY RELEASE DAY
- 12/22 - Daytime Concert for Students
- 1/2 - School In Session - Happy 2018!
- 1/8 - BOE Meeting 7pm
- 1/9 - 8th Grade Gettysburg Parent Meeting 6:30pm
- 1/10 - PTO Meeting 7pm
- 1/15 - NO SCHOOL - MLK Jr. Day
- 1/22 - BOE Meeting 7pm
- 1/25 - EARLY RELEASE DAY
- 1/31 - 7th Grade "Middle of the Middle of the Middle Day"
MENTAL WELLNESS SUPPORT
As the second trimester is underway and the holidays are approaching, we would like to take this time to remind parents and students of available mental health resources. We encourage anyone to utilize the staff members available to make certain that students have access to the help that they need.
Staff and locations at CROSSROADS SOUTH where you can find help:
- Guidance Counselors - SPS
- Case Managers - SPS
- School Nurses - Mrs. Duvelsdorf & Mrs. Royer - Health Office
- Bridge Center- School Based Mental Health program for crisis, teen programs, and counseling - Ms. David - SPS
- Principal - Ms. Capes
- Assistant Principals & Dean - Ms. Hinson, Mr. Kmiec, & Mr. Dougherty
If you are experiencing an emergency outside of school, call 911 for immediate assistance. Other resources include:
- 2nd Floor Youth Helpline (24 hour calling and texting for students in crisis): 888-222-2228
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 (Logic Song)
- Mobile Response (will come to your home within an hour)- 877-652-7624
- Acute Psychiatric Services (Piscataway, part of University Behavioral Healthcare): 855-515-5700
- For additional resources and link to our mental wellness directory, go to the following site: http://www.sbschools.org/departments/student_services/index_nl.php?SEC=10 Click “crisis intervention phone numbers and resources” on the left hand side
Have a safe and happy holiday season!