Top 5 Prevention List That Could Save Your Life
What is a Heart Attack?
A heart attack can happen anywhere anytime. What causes a heart attack is when an artery becomes completley blocked by a build up of chp;esterol plaque and this stops the blood flow to the rest of your body. This then deprives the heart muscle of all the nutrients and oxygen needs. This creates a heart attack.
Top 5 Prevention Tips
Making lifestyle changes is the most effective way to prevent having a heart attack (or even having another heart attack).
Top 5 Prevention Tips:
- Eating a healthy and balanced diet. Eating an unhealthy diet high in fat will increase your risk of a heart attack, cause plaque build up and harden your arteries. You must make sure to have a healthy and balanced diet so that your heart can stay healthy too.
- Keeping your blood pressure at a healthy level is a great way to prevent having a heart attack because having high blood pressure can put your arteries and heart under extra strain which increases your risk of heart attack. Watching your diet and cutting down on your salt intake can help to lower your blood pressure.
- Being overweight forces your heart to work harder to pump blood around your body which can also raise your blood pressure. A good way to prevent a heart attack is to stop being overweight, you can use a BMI calculator to help you with this.
- Exercise is also very important, being active and taking part in regular exercise will help lower your blood pressure and keep your heart and blood vessels in good condition.
- Smoking is very bad for you and is a major risk factor for heart attacks because it raises blood pressure and also raises your blood pressure.
Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Feeling Lightheaded
- Chest Pain or Discomfort
- Shortness of Breath