Do Video Games Have Benefits?
Back Ground Information on Video Game
A video game is an electronic game that involves human interaction with a user interface to generate visual feedback on a display. Some people will complain that a kid or even an adult is spending to much time playing video games. They gave a name for that and called it video game addiction. However video games can have a lot of benefits.
Kids Can Feel Accepted When Playing Video Games
- A kid has said that he played video games all day because that was the only place he felt accepted.
- 17% of kids are reported that they are being bullied 2-3 times a month. Maybe they feel accepted when playing video games.
- In most games you play as the hero of the game. If kids play as the hero they do good things. When they do those good things as the hero they might feel as though they are accepted.
Video Games Can be Educational
- Information from Marc Prensky's artical "What Kids Learn that's POSITIVE From Playing Video Games"
- Marc Prensky said that playing video games can help improve eye hand coordination.
- Marc Prensky also has talked about that unlike watching T.V. or a movie the person with the controller or computer mouse can control what is happening on the screen.
- Some video games can show "Real Life" experiences says Marc Prensky. For example, if your playing a game about roller coasters and you have good food, good rides, and enough bathrooms your likely to make a profit.
Video Games Have Benefits
- Video games can entertain people in their free time when they have nothing else to do besides like watch T.V.
- Not all games are violent and most of the games that are non-violent are fun and entertaining for kids.
- On some online games you may feel challenged by how good someone else is and that can be fun having a competition and it also shows that there is usually someone better than you but that doesn't mean you should give up.