- Causes: they form when your urine contains more crystal-forming substances than the fluid in your urine can dilute. Or it can be genetic.
- Description: they are small and hard and they form inside your kidneys. They affect your urination. The body system this occurs in, is called the excretory system.
- Treatment: if they are small, drink water, take pain relievers, or do medical therapy. If they're large, use sound waves to break up stones, get surgery, or remove them with a scope.
- Prevention:Drink water, eat fewer oxalate-rich foods, eat low amounts of salt and animal protein, eat calcium-rich foods, but use caution with calcium supplements.
- True or False? Kidney stones can be genetic.
- What is the name of the body system that these kidney stones take place in?
- What is one way to treat small kidney stones?
- What is one way to treat large kidney stones?
- What is one way to prevent kidney stones?