Rocky River Elementary School
Week of February 1-5
Monday, Feb. 1 - Day 7
- MOY mClass window CLOSES today
- 2nd Quarter Report Cards Issued
Tuesday, Feb.2 - Day 1
- Groundhog Day
- MTSS meeting @ 8:00
- Staff meeting @ 3:30
Wednesday, Feb. 3 - Day 2
- Early Release @ 1:00
- ER Staff Development - Vertical Alignment Sessions
Thursday, Feb. 4 - Day 3
Friday, Feb. 5 - Day 4
- 7:30 All Pro Dads Breakfast
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade Awards @ 9:00
- 2nd & 3rd Grade Awards @ 10:00
- Panther Pride Day---Please feel free to wear your spirit-wear to support our hometown Panthers Super Bowl effort this year!
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
Chuck and Lani
Depth of Knowledge (DOK) and Higher Order Thinking
Third Grade Living Museum
Read Across America Week
Monday, Feb. 29
- Dr. LaRusso will make an official proclamation on the Morning Pit Stop.
- School wide DEAR (Drop Everything And Read) time 9:45-10:05 will be announced.
Tuesday, Mar. 1
- Red, White, & Black Day - Dress in the Cat and the Hat's favorite colors!
- Author, Amazing Steve Somers will be our special guest visitor!
- Family Reading Night 5:30-6:30pm
- Cake will be served in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday, yum!
Wednesday, Mar. 2
- Wacky Wednesday - Dress up in your favorite Dr. Seuss character or in another wacky way! (mix & match clothes, crazy hair, etc.)
Thursday, Mar. 3
- Hats off to reading! Wear your favorite hat!
Friday, Mar. 4
- Book Parade provided by 1st & 2nd Graders dressed in their favorite book characters
- PreK, Kindergarteners, and 3rd Graders will line up to view parade and wear silly socks!
This Week's Winner's Circle!
“It's not just about students' literacies; it's about their lives.” ~Alfred Tatum, 2005.
Ms. Fioravanti's 2nd Graders read Tacky the Penguin and created one of a kind pieces of art work to accompany their writing.
What a T_E_A_M!
Let's give a High-5 to our EC (+2) Team for pulling together during our recent transition.
What a turn out! Thanks to all of those who attended the Daddy/Daughter dance and a special thank you to those who helped set up and decorate!