How to paint a Whale or a Seal
If you are reading this, you were absent the day we painted
Do this first:
--Supplies: pencils, 12X18 paper, pencils erasers, visuals of orcas and seals, black paint, small brushes
- Make a thumbnail sketch of an orca or harbor seal. Use the step-by-step example below.
- When you are happy with that, sketch it on to large 12X18 white paper. Draw lightly.
- Paint the BLACK parts of the whale (or seal)
- Tips: Do not paint the whiskers of the seal, we will add those later with a smaller brush.
- Make sure your name is on it.
View the examples below:
Today's painting will be part of a larger composition. We will paint the water/background later.
Product/Performance Objective 1:
Plan and organize for creating art.