Mrs. Baker's Class Newsletter
October 9th, 2019
What is going on?
Scroll on down to the very very bottom of this page and sign up for a Fall Conference if you have not done so. If you need it to be a phone conference. Write phone conference next to your student's name. I think it is so much better to meet in person...so try to come if you can.
Book orders will be due Oct 11th. Our class code is GRGW9. Why it is so important to read with your child at home? https://www.readingrockets.org/article/reading-your-child
Subtraction with regrouping...we are starting subtraction with regrouping. If you can please practice at home. It would help so much.
It is very challenging for second graders and lots of one on one coaching really helps them feel confident.
Cookbook Cover Contest going on now thru October 11th. There is a dropbox for your awesome creations in the front of the school by the lockers. Be creative using pencils, crayons, paint… whatever you’d like, but please NO WORDS. Also, be sure to include your name and grade on the BACK of your submission. And oh yeah, have fun! Submissions are also being taken via the healthy lifestyles email: SommerPTAHL@gmail.com
Not as interested in creating a cookbook cover as you are about submitting some yumminess for the inside? No problem! Your parents can submit recipe(s) quick and easy online using this link: https://createmycookbook.com/projects/4etLFEnTq
For those that find taking a picture of a recipe and sending it via e-mail would be easier, you can do that too! SommerPTAHL@gmail.com
This and That!
Coins for Coats is an opportunity for students to help other students obtain a coat for the winter through Keep Round Rock Warm, a coat distribution project of the Round Rock Area Serving Center.
The Keep Round Rock Warm project provides a coat to the children in the RRISD who are on the free and reduced lunch program.
We will be collecting funds from October 16th through the 18th. Students are encouraged to bring their spare change and dollar bills to their teachers during those days. Checks can be made out to RRASC: Keep Round Rock Warm.
The K-2 class and 3-5 class with the highest donations will receive 5 books for their classroom libraries from the Sommer Library Activity fund.
- Oct. 9 4th Grade Field Trip to Bob Bullock Museum
- Oct. 9 5:00 RRHS Homecoming Parade & Community Pep Rally
- Oct. 11 6:00 McNeil Tunnel Run
- Oct. 11 McNeil & RRHS Homecoming Games
- Oct. 14 Parent Conferences/Student Holiday
- Oct. 15 AM Staff Professional Learning Day/PM Parent Conferences/Student Holiday
- Oct. 16 Author Stephen Swinburne-4th Grade
- Oct. 18 7:40 Friday Assembly K-2
- Oct. 18 Spelling Bee Semi-Finals for 4th/5th Grades
- Oct. 23 5:00 Parent Information Mtg for 4th/5th Graders Spelling Bee Finalists
- Oct. 29-Nov. 1 Book Fair
- Oct. 30th Field Trip
- Nov. 1 PTA Movie Night
- Nov. 7 Kindergarten Field Trip
- Nov. 8 Veterans Day Assembly
- Nov. 8 Picture Retakes
- Nov. 11 Author Christina Soontornvat for 2nd Grade
- Nov. 12 Spelling Bee Finals