Eastside: The Greatest School
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else."
Week of May 17th
Eastside Mission & Vision
Working in partnership with the community, Eastside Elementary will provide all students:
A collaborative team of professionals who are committed to improve their practices, so that all students learn at high levels
A safe, positive, and inviting learning environment
An engaging and challenging curriculum focused on essential academics and life skills
Individualized and timely support that provides students with what they need to succeed
No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else! You all have lived out this mantra!!!
You may wear jeans all week! Thank you Mr. Spainhour for this special treat!
The end of this school year is here! You all have done so many things GREAT at The Greatest School. I will share more details in our staff meeting this Friday. Take time this week to love on your kids! There are some that don't want it to end, so give them some love and grace this week.
* Take the EES Staff Survey if you haven't yet. We have had 14 responses so far. This information will be so helpful in planning next year to be the best one yet. There have been a lot of great suggestions so far. https://forms.gle/RU2WSwHTmUhHyeqC6
* As you work through the checklist, email me with any questions you have.
* When working on your inventory, you will only list the items purchased with school money. You are more than welcome to create your own personal inventory on your own spreadsheet or document. Make sure you have a line on the school inventory that includes Solution Tree professional text $1000.
***All SIT docs must be updated with end of year data! This is for any staff member that works with them.
Details for the Week
Awards Assembly - Please dress professionally for Award Ceremony and then feel free to change into jeans!
Urban Air reward for 4th grade from 11:30 - 2:30. 4th grade will swap lunch times with first grade.
A special lunch will be provided to staff today! It may not be here in time for the first couple rounds of lunches, but we will deliver it to those that miss it due to their early lunch time.
Mrs. Wallace's class pizza party with Mojo's at Noon!!!
12:10 meet with those attending the PLC Hot Springs Conference in team meeting room.
EES/GMS transitions at 1:30pm
Kinder team meeting Monday in team meeting room at 2:20 to finish up class lists.
1st - 5th grade team meeting - meet with your team to update all assessment walls (DRA, DIBELS, MAP). You can get the key from Mrs. Manning. On SIT docs, make specific notes from DRA assessments. Ask Mrs. Manning if you need clarification on this. You can choose to meet Monday or Tuesday.
If you are attending a K-2 rise cohort, make sure to take the survey. You may need to use this other link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G7Bv4fLvMvQ0bby1dEBKgGjqmitaitvtGkkZ5HlWNX0/edit It should bring you do a doc with directions and another link :)
Kindergarten screening 3:40 -7:40 PM!!
- Tuesday through Friday
- Follow the Science of Reading plan spreadsheet
- District Retirement reception at 4 PM on Wednesday
- Report cards due by end of day on Wednesday
- Other Important Info
- Mrs. Patty will have two days to check out for end of year in the team meeting room. Times are as follows: Thursday and Friday from 9:15 - 11:00, 11:30 - 1:00, and 2:30 - 3:30.
- Havens inventorying tech carts: Mon-KG and 1st grade carts, Tue-2nd and 3rd grade carts and Wed-4th and 5th grade carts