OLM Parent Newsletter
Wednesday, May 18th, 2016
Reflection Corner: BLESSED PENTECOST
“And suddenly a sound came from heaven like the rush of a mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And they were filled. And there appeared to them tongues of fire, distributed and resting one each of them. And they were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance “ ( Acts 2: 2-4)
As we celebrate this great feast day, perhaps we should ask ourselves how we are exercising the gifts of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Are we spreading the Gospel and continuing the work of Christ within our families, our Church, our school, our communities and our world? Let us use this time to ask God to fill us anew with the Holy Spirit so that our lives may be truly become witnesses to His Gospel.
It's Carnival Time! It's Spirit Week - Grease Week!
This week is Spirit (Grease) Week! Let us encourage all our students to get into the sprit by dressing up for school following the themes set for each day:
Wednesday: Bright Colors Day
It's the 50's! Dress up in bright, colorful clothes along with jeans and school appropriate shoes.
Thursday: Jersey Day
Wear any sports related shirt with jeans and school appropriate shoes to support your favorite team!
Friday: OLM Spirit Day
Wear any OLM Shirt you have or the carnival shirt along with jeans and school appropriate shoes. and have a great day at our OLM Carnival!
Let's all have fun at the Carnival this Friday!
From the Carnival Chairperson . . . . . . .
Carnival is this Friday from 11a.m. to 2:45 p.m. (school only) and 3:15 p.m. to 7 p.m. (open to the public) and we are so excited for all the events we have both indoors and outdoors for our kids. Here are just a few reminders to ensure that your child has the most fun possible:
1. We will not be selling individual participation tickets (pay per game) and instead we will have an all day pass which entitles the wearer to unlimited play in any of the inflatable activities and indoor games. You can still prepay for this by sending a check to the office for $30.00. Not the day of the event, you can purchase them at the carnival cashier for $35.00.
2. We will be selling raffle tickets throughout the day in the church hall. The price is $6 for 3 tickets and $12 for 10 tickets. We have a lot of raffle items and a grand prize of an Apple IPAD to be raffled at 7p.m.
3. All prepaid items (raffle tickets, t shirts, pass bracelets) will be distributed directly to your children Friday morning 5/20. Please make sure to remind them to put their name on each raffle ticket and place the "ticket" side of the ticket in the Gold Raffle ticket tumbler at the church hall. We will be raffling off items every hour and you don't need to be present to win (so long as your name is on the ticket).
4. Please make sure you have signed and submitted to the office the inflatables permission slip which was sent out last Friday. Due to liability issues, your child will not be able to use the outdoor inflatables if this form is not turned in.
5. We will have food food vendors on site: Rico's Tacos and Raging Boba. They will be serving Tacos, Quesadillas, Nachos and Boba Drinks and star bread that day and part of the sales go to the PTO. We will be selling water, soda and juice at the kitchen counter as well. Help support our fundraising by having a snack or dinner at the church hall.
6. Your children will be receiving prize tickets for successful participation in the carnival games. Please make sure they redeem them for prizes at the Prize Booth on stage before you leave that evening.
7. If you haven't completed your service hours, please check in with your Room Parent for there are still numerous time slots available for each booth. We also have slots open for set up crew, clean up crew and outdoor supervisors. You can check out these at the Volunteer Spot website link below:
If you have signed up to volunteer in a booth, please check in with your booth when you arrive on site. If you volunteered for a Volunteer Spot duty, please check in with the carnival committee at the cashier desk by the front entrance to the hall.
VERY IMPORTANT: Student Pick-up on Friday, Carnival Day
Note that the carnival will be closed from 2:45 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. to ensure that ALL parents (including carnival volunteers) are able to pick their up. There will be NO homework club and Clubhouse on that day as well.
We ask for your understanding as this new procedure is implemented. Please be guided accordingly.
First Holy Communion
Devan Abiva (5A)
Karina Almeida (5A)
Sean Baraan (KA)
Ariana Chow (5A)
Jerome Polintan (1B)
Devyn Rome (4A)
Class of 2012 Reunion
Please do check your service points, if you have not done so yet. It is important that you meet your required points before the end of the school year. Note that parents / families not meeting the required service points will be assessed $500.
You still have time. The School Carnival is this Friday. We still need volunteers. If interested, please let PTO know as soon as possible. Our kindergarten classes need help in the morning as well. Please let us know if you are able to help them.
You may check the office for other opportunities to earn points. Please be guided accordingly. Thank you very much.
Important Dates to Remember
May 16 - 20 Bulldog Spirit Week
May 20 - Carnival, Deadline to settle 8th grade accounts
May 23: Resource Family Gathering at 5:45 p.m.
May 24: Confirmation Information Night at 7:00 p.m. (for seventh graders)
May 30: Memorial Day - No School
June 3: Graduation Day for Class of 2016
June 6: Noon Dismissal
June 7: Kindergarten Celebration, Noon Dismissal
June 8: School Mass at 10:00 a.m., Dismissal at 11:00 a.m.