Vancouver, Canada

Come to it

Big image
Big image

Climate in Vancouver, Canada

The city, protected by Vancouver Island, get less precipitation and enjoys more sunshine than other coastal areas.

While Vancouver can be damp during autumn and winter, it won't be very cold or snowy. However, nearby Cypress, Grouse and Seymour mountains receive lots snowfalls during the winter, creating great conditions for winter sports.

Activities to do in Vancouver

To play hockey, with teammates, friend, and family.
Big image
Big image
Big image

Small map of Vancouver

Big image

2 Day Forecast

  • The high temps for the two day forecast are 46-45 degrees Celsius. The low temps are 36 degrees.
  • On Tuesday there will be some clouds, no sunshine, same as Wednesday
  • On Tuesday there is a 20% chance of rain, and on Wednesday there is a 80% chance of rain.

Difference between climate and daily weather

Spring is prime wildlife viewing time on the island, you can catch sight of Pacific grey whales in route to Alaska as well as grizzly or black bears coming back from hibernation to feed by the lakes and ponds. Summers are good for exploring the island's awesome national and provincial parks by foot, bike or boat as well as for golfing at world class championship courses. Fall, try a tour of the Cowichan Valley, for its amazing views and organic farms. This is also a wonderful season to view growing salmon. Winter brings the thrill of storm watching along the island's by west coast as well as downhill skiing and boarding on mountains famed for their powder, or cross country skiing through snowy parks.

The south coast of Vancouver Island enjoys extremely mild temperatures year round. Victoria, the capital, has the mildest winter in Canada and the lowest rainfall in West Coast. Spring arrives early there, hundreds of thousands of blossoms and bulbs are blooming by late February. As for golf, there is no such thing as off season many of the courses found here are open twelve months of the year.

Most of Vancouver Island's communities and destinations are located on the east side of the Vancouver Island Mountains, where rain is just 700-800 mm per year. However, the west coast of the island, exposed to the wet packed westerly winds blowing off the Pacific Ocean, receives copious amounts of precipitation from October to March (good storm watching season). Summers are relatively dry.