McKinney Boyd Band Newsletter
Week of 1/10-1/14
Congratulations to our Area Auditioners and State Bound Musicians!
So proud of ALL of our Area auditioners for their hard work and grit preparing for this past Saturday.
Congratulations to BLAKE PAULL for earning a position in the Texas All State Band!!! He will travel to TMEA in February where the top 2% of musicians in the state will come together for a performance.
Week of 1/10-1/14: Updated on 1/8/22
1. Sign up for Color Guard Floor Crew, earn service hours and a great chance for up and coming leadership candidates to earn some audition points: https://forms.gle/VRwsX7PCXvHzMoRh7
2. After School sectionals begin this week. The code to sync your bands calendar is below!
3. Solo competition is coming up in March. THE TIME TO FIND AN ACCOMPANIST IS NOW!! They fill up fast and it is the responsibility of the student/family to reach out and hire them. Now is the time to get them booked even if you do not have a solo 100% set in your mind. A link to our ACCOMPANIST CONTACT PAGE
4. HAWAII MAY 2022: READ BELOW FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS! We do have more spots still available for students! Instructions on how to register in "blurb".
REQUIRED TRIP MEETING ON APRIL 28TH 6:00-8:00PM.
5. List of Upcoming Important dates (CLICK HERE), Google calendar is up to date until 1st day of school for your summer planning.
5. Need Help with Band fees/trip payments? SCRIP may be the answer for you! Read the blurb below on how to access this great tool!!
Sectional Calendar Sync Links
Hawaii Trip 2022
We are about to begin the "home stretch" of this trip and post all updates here!
This week we will be confirming and following up with all students/chaperones that are currently signed up for this trip. We need final numbers and an accurate account to make sure that we can plan appropriately for our performances and travel logistics.
I know that there are always questions that come up with big trips like this and we want to help as much as is reasonable. Be aware that Mr. Treadwell is available for questions specific to the trip and can get information through our travel agent but all account questions must be taken care of through World strides customer service (855.843.3436). Contact World strides first and then from there Mr. Treadwell can act as a consultant if need be. Remember patience and kindness are great tools when dealing with travel agents/companies.
We currently do have room for more students (8 more spots available!!)
How to Register
- Go to the web address - https://worldstrides.com/register/
- Have the participant register by typing in 196196
- Complete the registration process as prompted on each screen.
**If you have any problems registering online, call customer service at 855.843.3436**
KEEP UPDATED ON YOUR PAYMENTS AND ACCOUNT!:
These accounts are not associated with the Boyd Band Boosters so it is the individual families responsibility to keep everything taken care of.
***PLEASE DIRECT ALL ACCOUNT QUESTIONS TO WORLD STRIDES CUSTOMER SERVICE @ 855.843.3436
Old Posts (But still important information):
1. Any individuals who purchased the Full Refund Program would be eligible for a full refund less the cost of the program ($239) and any non-refundable fees (like handling fees, as an example). Any individuals who did not purchase FRP will fall under the standard cancellation policy, below. As an update, (88) individuals have purchased FRP and (22) individuals have not.
Cancellation Dates and Penalties (APT)
• 180+ days prior to departure- 20% penalty
• 179-90 days prior to departure- 35% penalty
• 89-60 days prior to departure- 50% penalty
• 59-45 days prior to departure- 75% penalty
• 44-0 days prior to departure- not eligible for a refund
Below are some links to Hawaii’s health & safety restrictions at this time with a couple of notes:
- WorldStrides requires a negative covid test result 3-5 days prior to travel
- Travelers to Hawaii must be fully vaccinated in the United States and its Territories to avoid the current 10-day quarantine.
- Not fully vaccinated Travelers can take a pre-travel Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) 72 hours from the final leg of departure to avoid the 10-day quarantine.
- The COVID-19 test must be taken with a Hawaiian approved Testing partner ONLY. Test results will only be accepted from Trusted Testing and Travel Partners.
- Prior to your departure for Hawai‘i, passengers age 18 years or older, need to create an online user account and register with the State of Hawai‘i Safe Travels Hawai‘i program; and upload vaccination documents or test results.
- Chaperones will be able to add students to their accounts.
- Upon completion of the Mandatory State of Hawai‘i Travel and Health Form 24 hours prior to departure, a QR code for will be emailed to you to present to airport personnel either prior to boarding or when you arrive in Hawai‘i. You may show the QR code on your mobile phone or paper copy.
- We are also starting to see vaccination requirements for restaurants, bars, gyms, movie theaters, museums, arcades and other similar establishments – beginning this week in Oahu & Maui. Customers must show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result taken within the previous 48 hours in order to enter certain in establishment.
- Great resources to monitor:
1. Coming up soon! Until then make sure you have completed/submitted the items below!
A few things......
1. Please remember to submit a MISD volunteer background check to https://boydband.membershiptoolkit.com/dashboard/volunteerform/62357
A new one has to be completed every year. Once you have the approval email, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
2 How to sign up to volunteer: Please log into your Membership Toolkit account and look for "My Account." Then look under "My Account/Forms" for the volunteer sign ups. https://boydband.membershiptoolkit.com/login-form?r=%2F and sign up.
3. If you are volunteering for the band, you will need to wear the NEW volunteer band shirt. If you haven't already, please log into https://boydband.membershiptoolkit.com/login-form?r=%2F and order one.
4. If you choose to order any Uniform Items or Sale Items from the Spirit Wear Store you must order by TUESDAY AT 5pm to receive your order by that week’s Football Game. Any orders placed after Tuesday at 5pm will be delivered the following week. NOTHING will be sold on Game Day!
Laura Wilson, VP-Volunteers
McKinney Boyd High School Band Boosters
Scrip is here to help!
Shop with Scrip!
The Everyday Way to Make an Impact on your DUES!!
Gift card fundraising is the right way to raise money for you.
Buy gift cards from your favorite brands to earn on your daily purchases—like grabbing your morning coffee or buying groceries. It’s the easy way to create opportunities for what matters most to you.
No extra money spent. No extra time wasted.
Please give me a call or email if you have any questions.
McKinney Boyd Band Scrip Coordinator 2020-2021
Join BAND APP
We are going to transition to the BAND APP.
It is more user friendly, free and can do more things for us moving forward. Here is the link to join our Marching band "class" (includes parents/students)
Hey Band, join our 'McKinney Boyd Bronco Band' group on BAND - The app for groups and communities!
**WE WILL CONTINUE TO USE BOTH APPS OVER THE SUMMER AS WE TRANSITION INTO USING ONLY THE BAND AP IN THE FALL TO LIMIT COMMUNICATION GAPS
Calendar for the Week
Week of 1/10-1/14
***Always reference our google calendar page (LINKED HERE)
Monday (1/10): After School Sectionals
Tuesday (1/11): After School Sectionals
Wednesday (1/12): Full Orchestra Rehearsal 3:00-4:30pm, After School Sectionals
Thursday (1/13): All Region Band Clinic
Friday (1/14): All Region Band Clinic/ Concert
1/13-1/14: All Region Clinics and Concert
1/17: Holiday (No School)
1/22: Full Orchestra Retreat 8:00am-12:00pm
2/15: Boyd Ensemble Recital (Itinerary to follow)
2/19: Ensemble Contest @ Boyd HS
2/ 25: Percussion Concert
2/26: Leadership training #1 (Required for all positions)