Project Based Learning
Getting started with PBL in your classroom.
Beginning Basics of PBL
- Choosing significant content (relevant to the students)
- Hook the students (get your students involved)
- Driving questions (challenge your students with an open ended question)
- Give your students a voice (allow them to develop their solutions/ products)
- Allow your students to plan and collaborate with peers (encourage group participation)
- Pose guiding questions to help them find the answers (don't give it to them)
- Provide the students with feedback and time for revisions (rubrics and checkpoints)
- Have students publicly present finished product to an audience (not just you)
Project Based Learning: Explained.